Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Light snow 2/14-2/15 Seems so small after a big hit

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
000NOUS42 KWNO 151308ADMNFDSENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGENWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS COLLEGE PARK MD1303Z SAT FEB 15 201412Z MODEL PRODUCTION CYCLE WILL DEFINITELY BE DELAYED.. DUE TOTHE MAJOR CIRCUIT AND INTERNET SERVICE ISSUE AT THE TOC/GATEWAY..WE ARE DELAYING THE START OF THE 12Z CYCLE RUNS.. INCLUDING THENAM AND RAP UPDATES.. DUE TO THE ON-GOING ISSUES AT THEGATEWAY/TOC. THEIR VENDOR/CONTRACTOR SAYS THEIR WORK COULD TAKEUP TO 2-3 HRS.. BUT THEY ARE ON-SITE AND WORKING ON THE ISSUE.WE WILL UPDATE YOU AS SOON AS WE KNOW HOW LONG THE DELAY OF THE12Z MODELS WILL BE... MOST OF THE DATA NEEDED TO RUN THE MODELSIS NOT REACHING THE NEW WCOSS SUPER COMPUTER TO RUN THE MODELSAND WE ARE ALSO UNABLE TO SEND PRODUCTS OUT AS WELL TOAWIPS...VIA THE TOC/GATEWAY.MORE INFORMATION ONCE THIS BECOMES AVAILABLE..NEWBY/SDM/NCO/NCEP

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/validProds.php?node=kwno∏=adm

FYI - There is a separate obs thread for current conditions and snow amounts for the event.

I'm slightly less enthused for this event than I was yesterday, but still think 1" to 3" inches will work for most of Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware and Philadelphia counties.

I was never enthused. Horrible time of day for this to occur w/borderline temps...at night in the 20's would have been much better. 

000NOUS42 KWNO 151308ADMNFDSENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGENWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS COLLEGE PARK MD1303Z SAT FEB 15 201412Z MODEL PRODUCTION CYCLE WILL DEFINITELY BE DELAYED.. DUE TOTHE MAJOR CIRCUIT AND INTERNET SERVICE ISSUE AT THE TOC/GATEWAY..WE ARE DELAYING THE START OF THE 12Z CYCLE RUNS.. INCLUDING THENAM AND RAP UPDATES.. DUE TO THE ON-GOING ISSUES AT THEGATEWAY/TOC. THEIR VENDOR/CONTRACTOR SAYS THEIR WORK COULD TAKEUP TO 2-3 HRS.. BUT THEY ARE ON-SITE AND WORKING ON THE ISSUE.WE WILL UPDATE YOU AS SOON AS WE KNOW HOW LONG THE DELAY OF THE12Z MODELS WILL BE... MOST OF THE DATA NEEDED TO RUN THE MODELSIS NOT REACHING THE NEW WCOSS SUPER COMPUTER TO RUN THE MODELSAND WE ARE ALSO UNABLE TO SEND PRODUCTS OUT AS WELL TOAWIPS...VIA THE TOC/GATEWAY.MORE INFORMATION ONCE THIS BECOMES AVAILABLE..NEWBY/SDM/NCO/NCEP

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/validProds.php?node=kwno∏=adm

any reasoning too why NAM usually takes twice as long to roll out than GFS ? (after initializing)    Seems like every night this winter. 

I was never enthused. Horrible time of day for this to occur w/borderline temps...at night in the 20's would have been much better. 

I was counting on the earlier start time of steady precip to help us...some models were showing it coming in between 4 and 6 AM.  So the later start time combined with slightly warmer temps than I expected is hurting accumulations.

Archived