Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Light snow 2/14-2/15 Seems so small after a big hit

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Kev im glad im not the only one that sees it lol. Thats radar down south looks eerily similar to the last storm with a line of storms moving through central FL, granted its not a line of severe storms and tornados like they had a few days ago but still impressive. I think we have an over performer on our hands as has been the case with almost every storm this winter. I agree that on radar it looks like its making the left hook up the coast.

Thanks Kev im glad im not the only one that sees it lol. Thats radar down south looks eerily similar to the last storm with a line of storms moving through central FL, granted its not a line of severe storms and tornados like they had a few days ago but still impressive. I think we have an over performer on our hands as has been the case with almost every storm this winter. I agree that on radar it looks like its making the left hook up the coast.

it is going to overperform for Boston....not us

From what I can glean from the NE ppl,the NAM and Euro are supposedly in pretty good agreement,Matt...What that means for us and what actually happens,we can all see we've sorta lost our captain(s) of this ship sooo...We seem to have ingredients for a sneak snow,but the dynamics are seemingly just outta our reach...Anyway Lt.Snow continues here...23f...(.5 acc by eye)...  

From what I can glean from the NE ppl,the NAM and Euro are supposedly in pretty good agreement,Matt...What that means for us and what actually happens,we can all see we've sorta lost our captain(s) of this ship sooo...We seem to have ingredients for a sneak snow,but the dynamics are seemingly just outta our reach...Anyway Lt.Snow continues here...23f...(.5 acc by eye)...  

NAM comes out in 30 min or so, i'd expect a slight uptick from radar returns...

if by overperform you mean 1.5" vs. 1" then you may be right

lol i guess it depends on what he meant by nice little surprise.....does seem to be more returns down south than modeled yesterday.  it isn't going to be big, and temps may be an issue, but sure, this is exactly the type of storm that could over perform.

Regardless of the RAP and HRRR, 4-6" in the far northern part of the CWA is starting to seem more realistic if it starts and stays snow.  East of the city might start and remain as a mix cutting it down to the 1-3" range.  West of the city, 1-3" as well.  I'll take 2-4".   Quakertown might see 5" out of this.

Archived