e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NYC/PHL 12/21-12/27 Forecast Threats

am19psu

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the later phase does not help things either...

QPF is not the issue here....the timing of the phase is, a tad earlier and we end up with a 00z EC like solution, a tad slower and we end up with a 12z GFS like solution. Either way, after the GFS had taken steps towards the 00z euro it looks like the 12z EC took steps away from its 00z solution. Still not a bad run though especially if you live in NJ on northeastward.

hr 144 has a 996 just east of hse...se va to southern delmarva getting hit good, some lgt precip from dc south

that doesnt sound good...god almighty.

why cant these models just figure this crap out....

so far, it seems like its the seasonal trend....

I don't like the mid level height field. The 500mb isohypses never get parallel to the coastline. Low center moves from w to e to our north. We need it SW of us with a negative trof tilt. I'm surprised NYC manages moderate QPF with this run. N&W of cities can't do well.

its basically a miller b qpf wise...this low looks like it should be further east like i stated with the ridge axis

What happened to the whole idea of this storm needing alot less players then last weekends storm? Sounds like we are right back where we left off. smh..

Snowstorms dont just magically happen for East Coasters. We need a lot of things to come together, I think last year spoiled us. All the players are on the field for this storm. Not every set of model runs everyday are going to show a major snowstorm

Archived