joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just took a walk as it was pouring snow. Not a sound to be heard and it's stunning outside. Haven't measured, but if I had to guess we've picked up about an inch of new snow. Maybe a little more. 

Maybe we will end up with the 2-4 predicted? I'm happy!

Yeah that band lost its west to east motion and is now moving south right before it got to me. This storm just isnt meant to be for me. lol

Just took a walk as it was pouring snow. Not a sound to be heard and it's stunning outside. Haven't measured, but if I had to guess we've picked up about an inch of new snow. Maybe a little more. 

Maybe we will end up with the 2-4 predicted? I'm happy!

Like minds think alike. I also just took a walk, my first of the day. Ah, what a walk! Beautiful, wet flakes and it was so quiet with nobody else out there. It is still snowing at a pretty good clip. I estimate 1/4" in just 30 minutes and it is still coming down on top of the sleet. What a winter wonderland!

Looks like another impressive slug of moisture is in upstate SC heading towards CLT and the Triad.  Could this be snow by the time it gets here?  Mid-level temperatures should start to cool soon, I'd think.  If not, more IP! :)

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=RAX-N0C-1-24# it looks to me  like  its  moving  east the  snow sleet line..... or am just that  tired haha 

NE Cherokee County GA

Temp - 29

DP - 29

Precip - 1.5" sleet from early morning. AND FINALLY I SEE A SNOWFLAKE. A tiny flurry but now I've at least seen a flake so I'm going to sleep. Not enough here for sledding or even to fully cover the grass, but maybe some of the better stuff they are showing on tv will make it here later.

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=RAX-N0C-1-24# it looks to me  like  its  moving  east the  snow sleet line..... or am just that  tired haha 

Indeed, it does.  Hmm...  I may have to stay up for this next precip batch to see what's up with it.  I'll probably go to bed if we're just getting more IP.  Looks like it's moving into CLT now and has another hour or so to go before making it here.  I'm currently on the tail end of the current precipitation band with only scattered light precipitation seemingly in the interim between the two bands.

EDIT: INT reported 24/-SN at last hour.  Perhaps that is accurate based on the radar.

Archived