joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/8 - 2/10 Winter Storm Threat

Heisy

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest wxsim with 6z data holding steady with snow beginning late in the afternoon tomorrow wrapping up by 11pm with 2" to 4" - NWS maps looks like no more than an inch or 2 (likely closer to reality)

Still no melting here at all - trees as frozen and snow covered as 72 hours ago - temp 17.1 - the bad news is Wxsim does not ever get us above freezing through Thursday at least.....ugh - Power now out last 75 hours......

ugh - Power now out last 75 hours......

I hope that you (and everyone else in the forum) who still does not have power gets it restored as quickly as possible.

As for the little snow threat. it looks like perhaps 1-3 for my area. Nothing major, but enough to add more to the mess around town. Our already tight streets are that much tighter due to the snow piles and folks not being able to park close enough to the curb.

Latest wxsim with 6z data holding steady with snow beginning late in the afternoon tomorrow wrapping up by 11pm with 2" to 4" - NWS maps looks like no more than an inch or 2 (likely closer to reality)

Still no melting here at all - trees as frozen and snow covered as 72 hours ago - temp 17.1 - the bad news is Wxsim does not ever get us above freezing through Thursday at least.....ugh - Power now out last 75 hours......

You on gen??

Latest wxsim with 6z data holding steady with snow beginning late in the afternoon tomorrow wrapping up by 11pm with 2" to 4" - NWS maps looks like no more than an inch or 2 (likely closer to reality)

So also the bad news is Wednesday into Thursday looks like a paste Fest of snow again.

agreed for those areas without power and buildup on trees

Yes those trees are in a very weakened state, even down where I live and throughout my commute from Brookhaven to Ardmore there is a ton of trees still with a solid amount of crusted compacted snow/ice which will gain a coating to an inch more on top and then that will stay until the paste comes in which could spell more issues.

44.1" for the winter for me here in NW Chesco.   Well into day 4 without power.   Another day, another gas run.    About $30/day

to run generator.   Pretty amazing how long the ice has stayed on the trees with no sign of a melt until maybe Friday.

Took a jaunt on the side roads and wires down everywhere.   PECO saying power on by tonight - don't see how that's possible.

Only power trucks I've seen around here are from Quebec Hydro.

iceman I did see PECO down the street from me just now when I ran out for oil for the generator.....they are at Fairview and Font area - first time I have seen them up here - fingers crossed for all

Be safe

Paul

44.1" for the winter for me here in NW Chesco.   Well into day 4 without power.   Another day, another gas run.    About $30/day

to run generator.   Pretty amazing how long the ice has stayed on the trees with no sign of a melt until maybe Friday.

Took a jaunt on the side roads and wires down everywhere.   PECO saying power on by tonight - don't see how that's possible.

Only power trucks I've seen around here are from Quebec Hydro.

Archived