12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 5th-6th Potential Winter Event

ChescoWx

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely seems to be warmer at higher elevations now. Has risen a degree up to 13 here. (Not so much elevation here).

For sure.  It is 15 here and the temp is still falling slowly.  Being so close to the ocean I am about as low as you can get at around 45' above sea level. I am sure the column will continue to warm from the top down.  Hopefully it does this sooner rather than later with the threat of freezing rain.

12.5 here at 900'  I was 18 at 8PM.  I don't think it'll be long until temps start to rise though.  (when does the cloud cover get here?)  Parents were at 7.3 an hour ago, and judging by the frost on the cars they were almost bottomed out.  (down at 450')  Remember how cold 1994 was and it hit 55 at ABE after similar temperatures.......  Temps can rise fast with the right setup.  If we were MINUS 20 or colder I'd be worried, 0 or higher doesn't take long to become +33 :)

The idiosyncracies of the plateau,it's knob's and it runs(FYI hills and stream drainages)...MPO is rising. we've went from 13 to 15 and I thought Ok,that's the start: now it's down to 8...I'm on the sidehill of of run and the cold is pooling down...Kind of scenario where ABE stay's with a deeper layer of cold and longer than the Pocs...Once I've seen it snow in ABE area w/Fr.Rain up here...

Temp still falling slowly in NW Chesco 16.5

Right at where the Wxsim had me at midnight - it has a big jump in temps (11 degrees in 2 hours tomorrow AM)but still has it dropping back down below freezing later in the afternoon before finally rising above freezing late evening tomorrow

Got the radiational cooling no doubt.... guess we cannot trust this report then http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=zmw:08401.1.99999

Notice it says: Weather Station AC Bar and Grill

At the immediate coast, 37 is probably about right.  But ACY, as in Atlantic City International Airport, is inland a bit and reporting 14.

one of those rare events, where the lower you are, the colder.   skew-t's  keep surface areas near freezing for quite awhile.

I'll probably be above freezing before u guys. 

even this little fly in the ointment , if it strengthens slightly on next run, could help keep the flow locked in a little longer for you guys.  

one of those rare events, where the lower you are, the colder.   skew-t's  keep surface areas near freezing for quite awhile.

I'll probably be above freezing before u guys. 

even this little fly in the ointment , if it strengthens slightly on next run, could help keep the flow locked in a little longer for you guys.  

What's your elevation again? And current temp?

#1 It's on my profile

6pm - 12

11PM - 17

Now - 15  

odd stuff indeed. this is while mount pocono, 3 miles down is 20.

Yup - didn't notice it before - thanks. Pretty high up.

I think the air is just messin with us. Locations that were higher earlier seem to be coming down now. 11 here but seems to be bottoming out or close to it. Elevation here is about 340 feet.

#1 It's on my profile

6pm - 12

11PM - 17

Now - 15  

odd stuff indeed. this is while mount pocono, 3 miles down is 20.

Indeed... Allentown at 6 degrees is 14 degrees colder. Will be interesting to see how fast the cold air is scoured out of the valley as the warmer air arrives. 9 degrees here and still falling...

Currently 12 in Fairless Hills, quite a range driving from Churchville to Fairless Hills after the game - as high as 16 at the Oxford Valley Mall to as low as 6 at the Phoenix club in Feasterville

I too noticed a drastic temperature increase driving from Upper Makefield to Newtown/Yardley area.

0z NAM and GFS MOS both had KTTN at 20 F at 1 AM while the station reported 14 F.  Also, the station just dropped to 12 F a few minutes ago.  It will be interesting to see how much WAA actually takes place during the day tomorrow.  In addition, the models may be underestimating the snowpack in the region.  Tomorrow could certainly be messy.

Temperatures are significantly colder than expected here, only 3.6F which is way lower than my NWS forecasted low of 15.  Also KSMQ was at 3F at 1 am (and still is now) while the 0z NAM and GFS MOS had temps of 16 and 20 at that time, respectively.  Temps are going to have to be closely monitored I really don't see how we go above freezing by the expected time of noon which could mean more freezing rain than expected...

Archived