• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
TN VALLEY FORUM OPEN

Wow

I wanted to make you all aware that we have agreed to allow a new regional sub-forum for the Tennessee Valley region.  We have Patrick (Mr Bob) back on-board staff to take the helm as the first moderator.  As you know, this forum is dominated by us folks east of the Apps and our hope is to allow members from the TN valley region feel more open to participate in discussions

Please keep in mind that everyone is free to participate in ANY regional forum.. we certainly don't want to build up any walls from other folks.

Enjoy the new forum!

I think we need a Georgia/Alabama forum, since our weather is often very different than the Carolina's. Actually I think part of NW Georgia is in the Tennessee Valley so I guess the TN Valley forum would include GA

How about rip BWI / MD from the Midatlantic forum and make them their own Sub, put NC/ VA / N GA and N SC into a midatlantic subforum. This leaves a Gulf subforum for S AL/ S GS / S SC / FL leaving Tennessee as their own subforum to discuss bad whisky.

I'm thinking AL and MS should pretty much all be included in the TN Valley, if we're making this switch.  It makes no sense for northern AL and MS to be in the TN Valley, and put the southern portions of those states in with the rest of the SE.  The Gulf Coast regions have hardly anything in common with NC, SC, VA, and northern GA.  If we're going to make this split, we might as well make it along logical lines.

Or...

We go ahead and create the Gulf Coast forum that others have suggested:  the southern portions of LA, AL, MS, GA, and then all of FL.

I'm thinking AL and MS should pretty much all be included in the TN Valley, if we're making this switch.  It makes no sense for northern AL and MS to be in the TN Valley, and put the southern portions of those states in with the rest of the SE.  The Gulf Coast regions have hardly anything in common with NC, SC, VA, and northern GA.  If we're going to make this split, we might as well make it along logical lines.

Or...

We go ahead and create the Gulf Coast forum that others have suggested:  the southern portions of LA, AL, MS, GA, and then all of FL.

It's being discussed with staff.. it may happen at some point in time if there's enough support for it.

ok so how much did mr bob have to pay out to bribe the admins?

Or...

a lot seem hung up on the geography and whatnot, but all that aside, the weather doesnt follow state lines or geography.  nw al has a pretty different weather set up than ne al eastward many times.  it does make sense to have threads for those who would be theoretically affect by the same storm system due to location and not just boundaries.  n al and n ga have pretty different wx alot of the times (esp winter when i counts. summer is usually just hot for all of us) than south al and south ga.

ok so how much did mr bob have to pay out to bribe the admins?

a lot seem hung up on the geography and whatnot, but all that aside, the weather doesnt follow state lines or geography.  nw al has a pretty different weather set up than ne al eastward many times.  it does make sense to have threads for those who would be theoretically affect by the same storm system due to location and not just boundaries.  n al and n ga have pretty different wx alot of the times (esp winter when i counts. summer is usually just hot for all of us) than south al and south ga.

We don't draw lines based on state lines, rather on climate zones.   No one is being fenced off from each other.

I think we should have a subforum for northern Mecklenberg County and one for the southern part of the county, but sharing with parts of Gastonia. A third subforum could cover northeast Wake County, excluding Wake Forest, which has more in line with central Wake County and thus should be part of that subforum. Durham should be separated out, though.

I think we should have a subforum for northern Mecklenberg County and one for the southern part of the county, but sharing with parts of Gastonia. A third subforum could cover northeast Wake County, excluding Wake Forest, which has more in line with central Wake County and thus should be part of that subforum. Durham should be separated out, though.

I'm in

Darn.  I'm 5 miles north of the Meck county line.  Then again we have a TOTALLY different climate zone compared to Charlotte.  :)

Archived