• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Threat 12/14-12/15

IsentropicLift

It's being overlooked a bit because of today and tomorrows event but we could be dealing with another storm this weekend. The 00z ECMWF had a low passing off the Delmarva giving NW areas a quick burst of very heavy snow. The 12z GFS is slower and more of a SW to NE track over NJ giving a quick front end dump and then rain. The 00z GGEM had the low off the Delmarva coast but most of the precip was confined to the city eastward.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I  shouldnt be doing this for a DAY 6 event ,  But most of the region is below freezing , the next frame is even colder

2 things , yes the 850`s are above ( this run  ) 1 .This is low level cold air and its not be dispalced easily   2 . The model is 6 days out and has to figure out the depth of the PV and what its 500 MB placement is as its spins ENE .

I am more concerned about a complete  miss than i am about a 40 degree rain storm

Like I said 6 days out . I should know better .

gfs_t2m_east_47.png

Looks like a pretty classic miller B setup here. Moderate snow moving in at 18z. The surface looks warm for Long Island but that's not important right now.

Im not sure how even the coast can warm quickly with the cold air mass thats going to move in. I know its a ways off and im just making some opinions. Me personally this cold air is going to be hanging tough all the way to the coast the next weekend

Tough call right now with this. If the cold air ahead of it is deep enough than we'll see another CAD signature and probably deal with more icing problems. It's tough to get a good snowstorm without blocking in these scenario, but it's way too far out to pinpoint specifics. I'll wait until after tomorrow's event. 

I think this might be New England's storm and all indications right now are that it will cut inland like last month's storm but probably being a colder system. 

The Canadian at 120 is colder , no sense 6 days out worrying about a R/S line ,

Plenty of Cold air and we have a system . Lets wait a few days to see which model catches the speed between the

FRIGID AIR mass leaving and the one arriving .

The Canadian at 120 is colder , no sense 6 days out worrying about a R/S line ,

Plenty of Cold air and we have a system . Lets wait a few days to see which model catches the speed between the

FRIGID AIR mass leaving and the one arriving .

I would think we'd have a better shot at having more frozen precip. Over todays storm regardless with the cold air on tap.

Archived