amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, every single one of his posts is idiotic and lowers the level of overall discussion. what does it say that yanks & snow are now seemingly respected? it's only because they've driven ALL quality posters off this board.

this is nikolai btw -- ban me or whatever, i don't care, i'm not here to troll, i come here for analysis. i don't have a degree which is why i don't post frequently.

ahhh makes sense now, your toolbag self decides to show up and post false accusations. very nice sir, all his posts are NOT idiotic and although they may not all be spot on are easily correctable as even our top posters do make mistakes as well. unless you are perfect I don't think you should be judging anyone here, just my $.02 and I RARELY pick on anyone here as everyone knows

no, every single one of his posts is idiotic and lowers the level of overall discussion. what does it say that yanks & snow are now seemingly respected? it's only because they've driven ALL quality posters off this board.

this is nikolai btw -- ban me or whatever, i don't care, i'm not here to troll, i come here for analysis. i don't have a degree which is why i don't post frequently.

Snow88 doesn't pretend to be a met and doesn't do analysis.  Anyway this is a banter thread.

I hope we get a huge blizzard to finish this A+ winter

the way this winters gone anything could be possible my friend. don't hesitate to ask any questions but try and keep the IMBY ( in my back yard ) questions out of the serious discussion threads or don't make them too frequent ;)

ahhh makes sense now, your toolbag self decides to show up and post false accusations. very nice sir, all his posts are NOT idiotic and although they may not all be spot on are easily correctable as even our top posters do make mistakes as well. unless you are perfect I don't think you should be judging anyone here, just my $.02 and I RARELY pick on anyone here as everyone knows

not a toolbag, i just have common sense.

i'm not perfect, but the point of a wx forum is to generate quality forecast discussion. QUANTITY =/= QUALITY and in fact many of the forum's most prolific posters are the worst contributors.

Euro mean looks gorgeous

Euro mean looks gorgeous

Anth. The day 8 envelope on a mean is really wide.

Get inside 96 hours and see where the mean tightens.

192 hour mean is just so wide since Albany to a 100 mile whiff is on the table

*****ATTENTION EARTHLIGHT/SICKMAN*****

PLEASE GIVE US AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY FORKY IS PERMITTED TO CONSTANTLY PUT DOWN POSTERS, GIVE PERSONAL ATTACKS, TROLL CONSTANTLY AND TALK DOWN TO PEOPLE WITH SEEMINGLY NO CONSEQUENCES!!!

:lmao:

The bickering and fighting on here is usually annoying but today's is quite funny for a change.

Well I will give you an example... 

This last storm that went to our south ...was forecasted to bring a coating to an inch of snow to my area.. Meanwhile I known for days that we were not going to see any snow from that system... we might have seen a flurry... Its not a knock down its just a fact that they are more often wrong then they are correct...

The storm that dropped 19.4 inches across my area was underforecasted and they had to keep playing catch up... Where five days in advance i was telling the people that come to me for the weather that we were getting 12-20 inches...

Its not an exact science so this is the reason for the often failed forecasts ... but at the same time I think they could be better then what they are..

So all those other day when no one forecast any snow, and none happened, don't count towards the % of right vs. wrong?

not a toolbag, i just have common sense.

i'm not perfect, but the point of a wx forum is to generate quality forecast discussion. QUANTITY =/= QUALITY and in fact many of the forum's most prolific posters are the worst contributors.

toolbag was a little harsh, my apologies for that. my point is I make mistakes and they are pointed out, ive also contributed some great stuff to this board. bottom line is when a storm is actually close to happening here the analysis is still worlds better than where the normal family gets there forecasts, the news. in between banter is going to rule with occasional analysis in the discussion threads.

and then we have jm1220, who was a college drop-out, and now gives his 'valued' analysis on storms.

another poster with a high-post count that is totally valuable to this forum and definitely raises the bar for discourse.  :lmao:

Really, attacking jm? He's one of the best quality posters around here - both in this and in the PA forum. Pathetic, Nikolai.

and then we have jm1220, who was a college drop-out, and now gives his 'valued' analysis on storms.

another poster with a high-post count that is totally valuable to this forum and definitely raises the bar for discourse.  :lmao:

First off, this is a banter thread, which is loosely moderated and not meant to be an analysis thread. Secondly, my signature says "Penn State Alumnus"-indicating the university I attended and year I graduated. Maybe you're the one then who couldn't hack it in college if your reading comprehension skills are so poor.

that's right mess with a temp. moderator. I don't like personal assaults regardless if this is the case or not. this is a banter thread not personal assaulting like an episode of jerry springer nikolai, respectfully take it down a notch as ive apologized for calling you a toolbag in my post earlier

Archived