• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter on the Way for SNE

vortex95

This coming from a person who poo-pood the outbreak in IL. Looks like the student is now the teacher.

All I said is that it was borderline with the CAPE forecast by the GFS and RAP.  I don't trust the NAM. and at best

GFS and RAP that morning had 1000 MUCAPE.  With than kind of shear, I said at least 1500 I like to see for siggy

tornadoes, and it of course it ended up being about 2000.  Whadaya-gonna-do?

So I bet CoastalWx thinks the GFS is more correct than the ECMWF b/c the GFS is colder for this week's storm.

Bottom line, we *need* the rain bad.  How often do you see Fire Wx Warnings issued in Nov in SNE?

All I said is that it was borderline with the CAPE forecast by the GFS and RAP. I don't trust the NAM. and at best

GFS and RAP that morning had 1000 MUCAPE. With than kind of shear, I said at least 1500 I like to see for siggy

tornadoes, and it of course it ended up being about 2000. Whadaya-gonna-do?

So I bet CoastalWx thinks the GFS is more correct than the ECMWF b/c the GFS is colder for this week's storm.

Bottom line, we *need* the rain bad. How often do you see Fire Wx Warnings issued in Nov in SNE?

GFS caves. Surprise surprise.

Actually for you severe weenies, vortex95 is as good as they come. I'll say that. Throw a date out and he'll give you the scoop. He just gets too excited for slight risks.

GFS caves. Surprise surprise.

Actually for you severe weenies, vortex95 is as good as they come. I'll say that. Throw a date out and he'll give you the scoop. He just gets too excited for slight risks.

You mean "SEE TEXT".  How many of those did we have in the summer of 2008 in SNE?  And from late June to mid August, it was one of the most active tstm periods I can recall.

One of these days I will get a CHH radar loop up of the 7/10/89 tornado outbreak.  So many VHS tapes to copy to DVD!

• 2 weeks later...

You mean "SEE TEXT".  How many of those did we have in the summer of 2008 in SNE?  And from late June to mid August, it was one of the most active tstm periods I can recall.

One of these days I will get a CHH radar loop up of the 7/10/89 tornado outbreak.  So many VHS tapes to copy to DVD!

BOX had their most active day in terms of severe reports from one of the days in 2008...I forget which day it was though...I think it was in July.  I'll have to ask the BOX skywarn coordinator...he remembers everything.  

vortex95 does too. Dude's a weather event encyclopedia.

I wish I could be like that.  I'm absolutely horrible when it comes to dates, although I have gotten better over the past several years but that's b/c I have a friend who has that ability to remember everything as well so he sparks my memory.  

I wish I could be like that.  I'm absolutely horrible when it comes to dates, although I have gotten better over the past several years but that's b/c I have a friend who has that ability to remember everything as well so he sparks my memory.  

I think we all do. I'm pretty horrible when it comes to dates too, especially regarding any events that occurred before I was in college. Not sure why to be honest.

I think we all do. I'm pretty horrible when it comes to dates too, especially regarding any events that occurred before I was in college. Not sure why to be honest.

Before I met my friend I don't think I remembered any dates.  What I did was describe to him what happened, and what I was doing, about the days of the week and month and then he would tell me and it rang a bell.  

I blame my children for my memory loss

Will is a great example of the anti-hoarfrosthubbdave in this regard

Yeah his recollection is off the charts. He must use some sort of climate database system because I feel like when somebody posts about a specific event or what the setup was like this year and that year Will just pulls years out of a hat within minutes. He's like the Cha-Cha of the weenie board, unless that's what he uses. Hmm...

Yeah his recollection is off the charts. He must use some sort of climate database system because I feel like when somebody posts about a specific event or what the setup was like this year and that year Will just pulls years out of a hat within minutes. He's like the Cha-Cha of the weenie board, unless that's what he uses. Hmm...

It's called being a sicko. :lol:  

Wiz, going by hazy memory I think the date in question might be in the week of July 28th. It might even be the 28th or 29th, 28th had a waterspout in RI, With a tornado in Bristol Co. Mass. And lots of hail reports??? 

I asked the skywarn coordinator and Rob said it was June 24th, 2008 but he also said some events from 2011 may have actually topped that.  

Archived