• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Early December

MAG5035

Don't make anything of any kind of any NAM run. Last Feb it was showing 6 feet of snow in a part of NJ that ended up with 3 to 5 in. at the end with the 2/8 storm. Just forget that model.

The one thing I think the NAM does well is to gradually but consistently trend the right direction. Which is why I'm encouraged that the 00z run is further east than the 18z run was.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the GFS ensemble spread and the biggest difference I can see between the west and suppressed solutions by hr 24 (the shortwave ridge over the Yukon and Northwest Territories), it seems like the 00z might be continuing on the road to suppressed-ville.

Still really early in the run to say for sure, though.

Based on the GFS ensemble spread and the biggest difference I can see between the west and suppressed solutions by hr 24 (the shortwave ridge over the Yukon and Northwest Territories), it seems like the 00z might be continuing on the road to suppressed-ville.

Still really early in the run to say for sure, though.

Then again, the southern system seems to be noticeably further northeast by hr 45. Maybe that means something.

EDIT: Based on the ridge over BC at hr 42, I'd say it's still going to be suppressed, but a little bit less so. But based on the position of the cutoff, I'm not so sure.

NWS Upped snow chances for mby:

• Snow showers likely, mainly before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
  • Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Blustery, with a northwest wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Looks like another snow band forming over us.

NWS Upped snow chances for mby:

• Snow showers likely, mainly before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
  • Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Blustery, with a northwest wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Looks like another snow band forming over us.

same here..

• Overnight Snow showers likely with widespread blowing snow before 2am, then snow showers with widespread blowing snow after 2am. Low around 15. West wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
  • Sunday Snow showers with widespread blowing snow. High near 23. Wind chill values as low as -1. Northwest wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

around 1" now and still snowing..

same here..

• Overnight Snow showers likely with widespread blowing snow before 2am, then snow showers with widespread blowing snow after 2am. Low around 15. West wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
  • Sunday Snow showers with widespread blowing snow. High near 23. Wind chill values as low as -1. Northwest wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

around 1" now and still snowing..

We are closing in on an inch, took this little while ago:

1450188_10151779449278148_1603263259_n.j

Archived