• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
October 28th-31st Severe Weather Thread

andyhb

Not sold at all on any severe weather south of the Red River on Wednesday/Thursday. Advection of a deep tropical airmass from the Caribbean will lead to near max recorded PWs across Texas for this time of year. Even with pretty good dynamics, a deep moist atmosphere with a high 0*C isotherm and skinny CAPE will help mitigate any hail threat, and the lack of any dry layer limits the threat for damaging winds.

Not sold at all on any severe weather south of the Red River on Wednesday/Thursday. Advection of a deep tropical airmass from the Caribbean will lead to near max recorded PWs across Texas for this time of year. Even with pretty good dynamics, a deep moist atmosphere with a high 0*C isotherm and skinny CAPE will help mitigate any hail threat, and the lack of any dry layer limits the threat for damaging winds.

True, Texas may not have to deal with severe convective weather, just severe flooding. 

The 0Z 4KM NAM brings a supercell right up the I-44 corridor on Wednesday from west of OKC at 0Z into TUL by 03Z. I'm not sure folks here could handle something like that after this year. Heck, I don't think I could handle chasing in the metro. I had enough of that on 5/31. 

Yeah I saw that earlier, that would be one cruel joke to play on the metro.

The 0Z 4KM NAM brings a supercell right up the I-44 corridor on Wednesday from west of OKC at 0Z into TUL by 03Z. I'm not sure folks here could handle something like that after this year. Heck, I don't think I could handle chasing in the metro. I had enough of that on 5/31. 

ehhh these systems are pretty fragile as it is, this time of year that seems to be especially true...

I'll wait until this afternoon or early evening before making any calls, but that's just me.

New severe thunderstorm watch out for southern KS and western OK for hail up to 3", 80mph winds and a few tornadoes. 

ww0550_overview.gif

DISCUSSION...TSTMS ARE JUST BEGINNING TO FORM ALONG SHALLOW SW-NE
STNRY/COLD FRONT OVER NW OK/S CNTRL-E CNTRL KS. THIS BOUNDARY LIKELY
WILL CONTINUE TO FOCUS LOW-LVL UPLIFT/STORM DEVELOPMENT THROUGH
MID-EVE. WHILE INITIAL ACTIVITY WILL BE LARGELY
DIURNALLY-DRIVEN...LARGE-SCALE ASCENT MAY INCREASE OVER TIME BY
CONTINUED NEWD ADVANCE OF DISTURBANCES NOW IN NM/CO IN FAST /120 KT
AT 250 MB/ SW FLOW ALOFT.
WHILE DEEP/STRONG UNIDIRECTIONAL WIND FIELD ABOVE THE LOWEST LAYERS
APPEARS MOST FAVORABLE FOR LARGE TO VERY LARGE HAIL...THE
ENVIRONMENT ALSO COULD POSE A RISK FOR TORNADOES...ESPECIALLY OVER S
CNTRL KS AND NW/N CNTRL OK. CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE TO BE