• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
90-Degree Tracker and 74+ Min Tracker - DCA

Deck Pic

The best part of this summer so far is how few times this thread has needed to be bumped.

Yea, no doubt about that. BWI is +1 on the month and IAD is only +.2 on the month.

A "cool" stat is that the # of days with highs in the 70's far exceeds the # of 90+ at BWI/IAD (6-3 & 8-3 respectively).

Even with DCA being +2 on the month, it's been a very tolerable June so far for all of us.

The best part of this summer so far is how few times this thread has needed to be bumped.

Yea, no doubt about that. BWI is +1 on the month and IAD is only +.2 on the month.

A "cool" stat is that the # of days with highs in the 70's far exceeds the # of 90+ at BWI/IAD (6-3 & 8-3 respectively).

Even with DCA being +2 on the month, it's been a very tolerable June so far for all of us.

we're in pretty good shape so far when it comes to extreme heat

we're in pretty good shape so far when it comes to extreme heat

I keep waiting for the hammer to drop. We've been on the normal to cool side in general for a long time. Basically since Feb 2013. Maybe it's climo's way of evening out the ghastly stretch in the previous years. Or maybe it's climo saving up for the Pac zonal and se ridge onslaught this winter...LOL

I keep waiting for the hammer to drop. We've been on the normal to cool side in general for a long time. Basically since Feb 2013. Maybe it's climo's way of evening out the ghastly stretch in the previous years. Or maybe it's climo saving up for the Pac zonal and se ridge onslaught this winter...LOL

If the later happened, I would sob uncontrollably.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

If Accuwx is right in their LR, that # of 90s is going to skyrocket, Bob.  Where the f did this heat wave for the week after next come from?  Upper 90s?

Accuwx uses some sort of raw op model output. Prob the GFS. It's as accurate as d10-15 op runs. In other words...

I got fooled recently with ensembles hinting at retrograding the general ec trough when they were showing a d10-15 heat signal last week. Basically, next week had the potential to be hot. Now that we've moved closer in time, it's the exact opposite.

Consensus is pretty good for another cool shot d8-12. It's not as pronounced yet as the previous ones but that could change. Right now the euro ens and gefs show a continuation of really nice temps for the foreseeable future.

Honestly, I see zero signs on a multi day run in the 90's all the way through the next 15 days. Maybe a typical 2-3 day stretch before relief. My confidence is a bit higher than usual in the lr considering the persistence we have seen for what seems like forever. 

GFS and GFSENS laugh at that forecast.  

Accuwx uses some sort of raw op model output. Prob the GFS. It's as accurate as d10-15 op runs. In other words...

I got fooled recently with ensembles hinting at retrograding the general ec trough when they were showing a d10-15 heat signal last week. Basically, next week had the potential to be hot. Now that we've moved closer in time, it's the exact opposite.

Consensus is pretty good for another cool shot d8-12. It's not as pronounced yet as the previous ones but that could change. Right now the euro ens and gefs show a continuation of really nice temps for the foreseeable future.

Honestly, I see zero signs on a multi day run in the 90's all the way through the next 15 days. Maybe a typical 2-3 day stretch before relief. My confidence is a bit higher than usual in the lr considering the persistence we have seen for what seems like forever. 

Thanks for talking me down off the ledge.... for at least a little while.

I've seen Accu LR do this a number of times this year... well all year every year for that matter... and yet I continue to browse it and freak out whenever it shows the dreaded H word.  Nothing can emotionally traumatize me like a heat wave.  LOL.

I've enjoyed this and way back we talked about it. To me DC Brutality begins at 97.  97+ just feels disproportinately hotter than 91/92. We have had just a couple of days like that this summer and no, back to back hurricane near the Big Island, cats sleeping with dogs.......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived