• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Andrea Contest - Closes Midnight Tonight

Bob Chill

Looks like this contest is another classic example of why we should never trust the GFS/NAM when they're juicy. We'll never learn.

Yeah, but I think Euro's going to be too dry.  Zwyts said 0z Euro last night was under 2" for DC metro.  Think we've already reached/topped that in most spots, with probably ~1" to go.  

Looks like this contest is another classic example of why we should never trust the GFS/NAM when they're juicy. We'll never learn.

to be fair to myself i mostly just ran above everyone else.. june + tropical.. you never know.

to be fair to myself i mostly just ran above everyone else.. june + tropical.. you never know.

I totally agree. That's why I went pretty high too. We've been here before in the last 10 years and once I got like 10"+ in 2 days. I can't remember which trop system but I think it was 06.

The rug got pulled to some extent when gfs/nam pretty much abandoned the idea of the Sat precip.

I totally agree. That's why I went pretty high too. We've been here before in the last 10 years and once I got like 10"+ in 2 days. I can't remember which trop system but I think it was 06.

The rug got pulled to some extent when gfs/nam pretty much abandoned the idea of the Sat precip.

Yeah, it was really all on Saturday for the 4"+ amounts to verify in a widespread fashion.  

RESULTS ARE IN:

Everyone came up short in the end but here are the winners.

1st                       2nd                         3rd
Overall Winner        Yeoman             wxmeddler            CapitalWx
Winner RIC              CapitalWx          wxmeddler           WinterWxLuvr
Winner DCA             Yeoman             wxmeddler           CapitalWx
Winner BWI              CapitalWx          Yeoman                MiddleRiverWx
Winner SBY             WinterWxLuvr    MiddleRiverWx        wxmeddler

The full list of all the calculations and scores can be found here:
http://www.data.wxmeddler.com/RAM/AmWxAndreaGuesses.xlsx

Archived