Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Photos taken from June 2nd, 2013 storms

weatherwiz

Thanks guys!  

Anything we do for the remainder of my friend's stay will probably be much more local since we really blew through alot of money.  Our trip yesterday though was certainly one of our more successful trips and it's amazing how we were able to get from Brunswick, NY, just east of the VT border, back down to CT in time for that supercell like storm and got the wall cloud.   

Thanks guys!  

Anything we do for the remainder of my friend's stay will probably be much more local since we really blew through alot of money.  Our trip yesterday though was certainly one of our more successful trips and it's amazing how we were able to get from Brunswick, NY, just east of the VT border, back down to CT in time for that supercell like storm and got the wall cloud.   

You know you're a storm chaser in CT when.... pea size hail and scud was a successful pic :)

Glad you had fun, Wiz!

Thanks guys!  

Nice pics Paul. Nothing too exciting around here..saw some nice TCU's in an open area on my bike ride in Watertown (didn't have my camera though!) but the best action missed just to our north.

You know you're a storm chaser in CT when.... pea size hail and scud was a successful pic :)

Glad you had fun, Wiz!

We also were in some pretty strong winds where the hail was...just up the road there were 4 very large limbs down all in a ~1000ft stretch...plus there were reports on the SPC page of limbs and trees down in the town we were.  

That was a wall cloud!  Told Rob, skywarn coordinator about it right away and then I texted him photos of it and the forecasters were very happy with the photos.  I guess the group, Western MASS Chasers were also i the same area we were...but looked like from their pics they may have been like 1/4 or 1/2 up the road from us and posted pics of it as well saying wall cloud.  The feature was sustained for quite a long time.  

My friend will be editing the video today and I'll post it later.

Archived