Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/Western Pa Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winter-Weather-Forecast--temperatures2.j

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

That is really stupid. You don't add up departures to get a winter temp forecast.

Paul Long facepalm. LOL

But yeah, I quickly glanced at that departure number on my phone, and sort of paused.

Joe D. is probably like, WTF. 

P.S.: Never saw her from that angle, not bad.

Geez is this for real.. am I getting sucked in to tracking a storm in the beggning of November!??! Still not invested enough to stay up for 00z runs.. but if this is still there Saturday I may be hooked lol.

I'll be tracking it. I'm certainly not buying into anything yet this far out, but it'll be interesting to see what happens with it, if anything at all. We miss out on so many of these anyway that I pretty much take it all with a grain of salt anymore, especially when it's either very early or very late in the season.

Geez is this for real.. am I getting sucked in to tracking a storm in the beggning of November!??! Still not invested enough to stay up for 00z runs.. but if this is still there Saturday I may be hooked lol.

I'll be tracking it. I'm certainly not buying into anything yet this far out, but it'll be interesting to see what happens with it, if anything at all. We miss out on so many of these anyway that I pretty much take it all with a grain of salt anymore, especially when it's either very early or very late in the season.

I don't have the upper level data for the 11/14/95 storm, but just in appearance, the current Euro run looks kinda similar.

I remember the 11/14/95 storm was a classic early season storm. The river valleys had near an inch, while the hilltops had 6 or 7 inches.

I agree though, Saturday night, and Sunday will be more tellling.

The models have trended away from the storm but this looks like the kind of cold air setup that will at least bring snowshowers and maybe the first accumulation. 

Yes, no big storm but not surprised. We at least will look forward to snow showers on Tues-Wed and will probably see the typical coatings to and inch possible in our area with more up above I-80. Still a ways out but regardless we have some cold coming for a few days. 

Looks like we might see some light accumulations tomorrow night after the front moves through. Calling for 1-3. I've seen this happen before where they overestimate how much moisture is left after the front moves through and we end up with very little. This is supposed to be a strong disturbance moving through so maybe we'll get lucky and it'll ring out a couple of inches when the cold air is in place. We'll see.

Looks like we might see some light accumulations tomorrow night after the front moves through. Calling for 1-3. I've seen this happen before where they overestimate how much moisture is left after the front moves through and we end up with very little. This is supposed to be a strong disturbance moving through so maybe we'll get lucky and it'll ring out a couple of inches when the cold air is in place. We'll see.

I'll be interested to see how much, if any, of a Huron-Erie connection we get on Tuesday.

Possibly giving us locally, more than just a few flurries.

Everything is pretty much on time.

Plus I saw that one of the Youngstown area wx stations dropped 6 degrees in one hr.

So the cold air should move through quickly.

32 degrees and light snow at New Castle. 43 at NWS airport. The front is close and as soon as it goes through the precip will pick up and change.

Archived