northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 18-20 Storm Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z high res NAM has 0.00" of snow for NYC and Long Island through 05z. 4-6" of snow at KMMU. 2-4" for Sussex, 3-5" for Orange County, 1-4" for Weschester.

Has the snow officially ending in NYC at 23z-00z and between 03-06z for NW areas. Northern Orange County stays snow the longest.

How much does it have just to the south of MMU into SMQ? Thanks in advance.

doesn't look good even on this overdone radar - time to start thinking about a much delayed start of the precip 

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?animate=true&location=USDC0001

and the longer delayed means less frozen

The NAM has been pretty consistent showing this to be mostly a nighttime event, with a secondary batch tomorrow morning after a break. I don't think much falls before 6pm

The 12z NAM high res has this band in here in the next few hours, followed by a short break before the steady precip moves in after dark.

I have to say I think the South Shore sees zero accums once again. Filtered sunshine and a ESE wind in mid March... Already at 36 and rising. One of the more winners and losers winters we have had in a while. 2008ish. Not complaining just stating the facts.

I think we have "mood snow" much the same as on Saturday, maybe enough to yield a coating or so and then over to rain in a couple of hours. The RGEM looks like it's cutting back on what snow does fall from the city on east, and the NAM didn't look impressive at all. There's going to be a fairly sharp difference in conditions once you go north to White Plains or so. There it'll snow for a few hours and then go to prolonged sleet/ZR.

The 12z Euro has everyone snowing steadily by 00z. Sussex, Western Passaic, Orange, Rockland and northern Weschester stay all frozen through 06z. Orange stays below freezing at the surface through 12z. About a 50 mile swath of ZR as the surface freezing line is lagging a bit behind the mid and upper level warming. Hour 30, the upper levels begin to crash as the system moves out. NW areas change back over to a wet snow?

Pretty big hit for the NW burbs I think, without having a snowfall map to look at.

QPF is 0.75"+ area wide through hr 30.

The 12z Euro has everyone snowing steadily by 00z. Sussex, Western Passaic, Orange, Rockland and northern Weschester stay all frozen through 06z. Orange stays below freezing at the surface through 12z. About a 50 mile swath of ZR as the surface freezing line is lagging a bit behind the mid and upper level warming. Hour 30, the upper levels begin to crash as the system moves out. NW areas change back over to a wet snow?

Pretty big hit for the NW burbs I think, without having a snowfall map to look at.

QPF is 0.75"+ area wide through hr 30.

Looks like .40 - .50 for NYC with 850's below 0. Surface temps are in the mid 30's.

Archived