Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/7-3/8 lgt snow/rain obs

tombo82685

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol. those few miles often make a dif.

solid coating now. coming down semi-decently. but the bursts here simply havent maintained themselves.

This band is pretty stationary right now. Looks like you should be in better rates now. Going to get some beautiful pictures tomorrow

Thought I could multiquote from the NYC forum, but I guess not - anyway, below are my 3 posts from about 12:50 am, 2:00 am and 2:15 am, the last one in reply to Allsnow - I'm completely floored right now by how much snow we got in less than 2 hours: 

Finally.  Never been so happy to see 1/2" of snow in my life.  Big gorgeous flakes floating down and accumulating on the colder surfaces - just took a nice walk, threw a few snowballs, caught some snowflakes in my mouth, etc. .  If we can sustain this for a few hours, we'll get into the 2-4" called for by the NWS on the map.  I'll honestly be happy with 1-2" after all the heartache with this system so far.  Wish I were in the Hudson Valley, though - looks like you guys have been getting plastered.

Oh my goodness, it's been ripping for the last 90 minutes and we've gone from 1/2" to almost 3" in that time - it's interesting, as it's not the heaviest snow ever in terms of visibility, but the flakes are huge and I think it might be one of the lowest bulk density snows I can remember, as the snowflakes are not packing in at all and you can even see lumps on the surface from aggregated snowflakes - almost like cotton candy - wish I knew how to post pics.  It's simply spectacular looking outside right now and the radar still looks good for us for at least awhile.  Snow is even starting to accumulate on paved surfaces. 

Gotta go measure - from inside I figured we had 2", but then I got outside and saw how fluffy the snow was laying and my measurements were between 2.75 and 3.0" as of 15 minutes ago, so I'm sure we're up to 3" on average now, as it hasn't let up.  Radar looks good for at least the next 30 minutes - would love to get to 4 or 5" overnight.  People who wake up at 8 am and see 2" of melted compressed snow simply aren't going to believe how much we had. 

Bensalem, PA

31.8/29.  Light snow continues, although I think flakes are smaller now.  

I could be a troll and say I have about an inch on my street, by which I mean there's a strip on the edge of the street about an inch wide where snow is actually sticking.  :P

I'm sorry it look like that through the window, and so I got up and went outside. You can take a look over in the NYC thread from a poster in metuchen with the same amount.

I was simply asking a question. I asked because we are getting no reports into the office, thus why I am checking this thread. I appreciate your reports. The band in northern New Jersey looks pretty good, but we were unsure how much snow is actually accumulating under it.

I was simply asking a question. I asked because we are getting no reports into the office, thus why I am checking this thread. I appreciate your reports. The band in northern New Jersey looks pretty good, but we were unsure how much snow is actually accumulating under it.

Hopefully I did not come off harsh, if so I'm sorry. I have pictures I will send to Tombo so he can post. The files are to big to upload. Still coming down at a decent clip here

Archived