joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4-6 Winter Storm pt 2

Harry

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is looking like the temps might be a bit more marginal than first thought around there. Could see temps tick down in some areas as the afternoon progresses but probably going to be pretty much steady.

yeah radar looks great but it's just not accumulating fast enough to hit anywhere near the level in LOT's warning text.  We'll definitely need rates to ramp up later.

It's somewhat of tough call still, I think, but IND has a good handle on things. Best of luck to you, and all the others in central Indiana.

It will certainly be interesting to see what occurs in Eastern Indiana later tonight. Most of the hi-res models show quite a bit of fun over there later on.  :snowing:

This is looking like the temps might be a bit more marginal than first thought around there. Could see temps tick down in some areas as the afternoon progresses but probably going to be pretty much steady.

Seems highly dependent on getting under the higher returns. Those that are...are seeing "cooler" temps and better accumulation. It's a March daytime snowstorm after all...

It will certainly be interesting to see what occurs in Eastern Indiana later tonight. Most of the hi-res models show quite a bit of fun over there later on.  :snowing:

The key difference is most of the precip will fall after dark tonight in Eastern IN and here in SW OH. This will negate the effect of the March sun angle which could lead to some surprises in these areas. :thumbsup:

Hopefully the winds shift NE soon to give the lake some potential say in this storm.  I have a feeling my initial MKE call of just under 5" will be close.

I think you'll beat that based on the radar trends.

Excellent dendrites falling here. Roads are packed with snow.

The lakefront camera at North Point Marina.

current.jpg?1362504689

I think you'll beat that based on the radar trends.

Excellent dendrites falling here. Roads are packed with snow.

The lakefront camera at North Point Marina.

current.jpg?1362504689

It's well below freezing, but due to relatively small flake size, not accumulating that efficiently, at least in the northern half of the county.  Can't attest to the airport.

It's well below freezing, but due to relatively small flake size, not accumulating that efficiently, at least in the northern half of the county.  Can't attest to the airport.

Camera above Howell Ave at the airport.

cam114.jpg?1362505043415

Then just down the road into Racine County.

cam062.jpg?1362505127541

Archived