northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 5-6 Storm Discussion

Poimen

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy you compare the 6z to 12z downstream and it sure doesn't seem like this thing can do anything but go farther south. We'll see ....

I was thinking the same thing. You look at that energy in the NE it doesn't look like it can get out of the way in time really to let that vort keep heading east. 

Tagging along on this run Burger, trying to hone my skills. If I understand this at all, the blob of energy to the east either has to move or force the storm southeast, yes? Just looks like the two are at loggerheads at 42 HR.

I think we want that energy in the NE to stay there or move further west. This will help stop the eastern movement of the storm keeping it further sw which is what we want....of course it could also phase with it helping keep it north. Ha we need a met to chime in here and help explain exactly what we want.

Definite trend in our direction here -- a good 100-150 miles due west of its 6z position at 57 hours. I don't think this is slower as much as carving out a broader arc -- moving toward UK/EC which had the upper energy around the Missouri bootheel to northern Arkansas.

Well, looked good through about 60 hours!  :blink:

I think it still looks good through 72...it's the LR NAM. The thing is, now it's seeing it should be shifting further west and south. Even @72 it's further south and west. It doesn't help us even with the shift but perhaps it's sniffing out a trend. Just keep it going. 

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC

921 AM EST SUN MAR 3 2013

NCZ007>011-021>028-038>043-073>078-083>086-088-089-041430-

PERSON-GRANVILLE-VANCE-WARREN-HALIFAX-FORSYTH-GUILFORD-ALAMANCE-

ORANGE-DURHAM-FRANKLIN-NASH-EDGECOMBE-DAVIDSON-RANDOLPH-CHATHAM-WAKE-

JOHNSTON-WILSON-STANLY-MONTGOMERY-MOORE-LEE-HARNETT-WAYNE-ANSON-

RICHMOND-SCOTLAND-HOKE-CUMBERLAND-SAMPSON-

921 AM EST SUN MAR 3 2013

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY.

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL TRACK FROM THE TN VALLEY TO THE MIDDLE

ATLANTIC COAST DURING THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK. THERE IS STILL

SOME UNCERTAINTY REGARDING THE EXACT TRACK OF THE LOW AND THE

ASSOCIATED WEATHER IMPACTS FOR CENTRAL NC...HOWEVER IT SEEMS

LIKELY THAT RAIN WILL OVERSPREAD THE AREA TUESDAY AND TUESDAY

NIGHT BEFORE MIXING WITH AND EVENTUALLY CHANGING OVER TO WET SNOW

FROM WEST TO EAST WEDNESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT. AT THIS

TIME...IT APPEARS THE BEST CHANCE OF ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL BE

OVER THE NORTHERN NC PIEDMONT...GENERALLY NORTH OF HIGHWAY 64.

OK, just so I don't ask dumb questions when things get more intense....

The storm on that run trended a bit west, or slower in progression, owing to increased resistance by the blocking energy. Then after 66 hours, it looks like it ran out of resistance and began adding more of an eastern track to the storm?

And unless there's further slowing, which would lead to a more southwest track, folks in this neck of the woods would remain to the south of the low ... and soggy, rather than snowy.

If going by last night's run of the Euro being more SW would that put places like Western NC,East Tenn,Ky in the favorable range if it continue's this west/south trend??..Read so many different view's it's becoming confusing...Hope this don't sound like a imby ? but trying to learn as we go..thxs 

Archived