• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 25-27 Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

Toronto folks: safely toss the NAM. I found the culprit running BUFKIT. After starting as snow the model inexplicably shoots temps at 900mb to +2c around 6z. This is during the heaviest pcpn when dynamic cooling should be occurring and has been shown on absolutely no other model. The column above the surface should be completely AOB freezing at 6z. 

Good to hear

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it's more or less a lock for at least some period of heavy plastering snowfall, which is all I really care about. Then again I'll be inside a machine center for most of the evening, so I probably wont see much :(

I'll be working :)

Btw my guess for metro Detroit 5-8"

Another year, another year in my life without ever having witnessed TSSN :(

I imagine ORD has mixing issues??

Brief, but 90% snow at ORD. But the RGEM kinda weakens the precip as it moves through N IL...and then north. Dry slot issues.

P-type maps here, just make sure you have it set to the 2/26 0z run: http://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/cmdn/pcpn_type/pcpn_type_gem_reg.html'>http://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/cmdn/pcpn_type/pcpn_type_gem_reg.html

Does it look like a good hit for YYZ?

You annoy other members when you ask these questions. They don't care about YYZ (much like you don't care about their bys). Only ask me these questions from this point onward, k?

Per RGEM looks like an hour or two rain/mix before we go over to heavy snow and then snow the rest of the way out.

You annoy other members when you ask these questions. They don't care about YYZ (much like you don't care about their bys). Only ask me these questions from this point onward, k?

Per RGEM looks like an hour or two rain/mix before we go over to heavy snow and then snow the rest of the way out.

Ok got it. I tend to ask too many IMBY questions. oh well it's just the weenie in me lol

Another year, another year in my life without ever having witnessed TSSN :(

That is crazy that you have never witnessed TSSN considering I have seen it personally on...

Feb 22, 2003

Oct 12, 2006

Mar 4, 2008

Dec 19, 2008

Feb 1, 2011

Feb 20, 2011

Mar 3, 2012

All of the above were here except Mar 3, 2012 was in Grayling. The top 3 for most Cantore-esque TSSN were Mar 4, 2008, Feb 20, 2011, & Mar 3, 2012.

How you going to hurt his weenie heart? haha

The RGEM looked golden, lets hope this trend stays consistent. 

Archived