joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lake Effect Event Discussion

TugHillMatt

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice inch of snow to whiten things up again from bare ground here in Elkhart this morning.  Could get a significant amount tonight.  Need to have the snow move offshore into the lake and consolidate into a nice single band moving down the east side of the lake and then turn se to really plaster some of us in Michiana area.  Congrats to Detroit and Ontario posters.

Had 2" of snow here today. We have inched our way, literally, up to 35" already on the season. Funny thing is with the sun peaking out, those who live on the sunny side of the street didnt even have to shovel as the pavement melted the snow despite temps being in the 20s. Probably a mix of increasing sun angle and fluffy snow.

Got a couple cool squally sky pics

3447-800.jpg

3448-800.jpg

Heavier band is inching its way towards the downtown core from the SW. Right now I am sandwiched between the two bands but should get back into the action soon.

Mississauga is getting just hammered right now. The 20-25dbz returns over me are huge flaked moderate snow. There is some pivoting to the east, so yeah, hopefully downtown and North York get back into some good stuff.

Heavier band is inching its way towards the downtown core from the SW. Right now I am sandwiched between the two bands but should get back into the action soon hopefully.

haha. my area is getting pummeled. Quite heavy, about 7.5cm down. Coming down at a rate of about 3-4cm an hour. Western regions towards Brampton, Mississauga and north Etobicoke and Far Eastern regions getting destroyed as well.

How much for your area? Added with the extremely cold upper air temps, this is producing some outstanding snow ratios. I suspect temperatures tonight may dip well into the mid to high teens if the skies clear. 

haha. my area is getting pummeled. Quite heavy, about 7.5cm down. Coming down at a rate of about 3-4cm an hour. Western regions towards Brampton, Mississauga and north Etobicoke and Far Eastern regions getting destroyed as well.

How much for your area? Added with the extremely cold upper air temps, this is producing some outstanding snow ratios. I suspect temperatures tonight may dip well into the mid to high teens if the skies clear. 

About 6cm here, those snowfall rates were really intense a few hours ago. Enjoy!

Yeah you too man. 

In all fairness it really makes up for the snow we lost in the past couple of years. 

I got about 8.0cm down now and still going heavy. 

I measured 3" about 30 minutes ago and it looks like the snow is starting up again. Good call from yesterday Canuck. Talk about a bust by the forecasters who were calling for a sunny weekend! Tom Brown blew it!

I measured 3" about 30 minutes ago and it looks like the snow is starting up again. Good call from yesterday Canuck. Talk about a bust by the forecasters who were calling for a sunny weekend! Tom Brown blew it!

Thanks. Yeah, I don't think any of the local mets were calling for this even though it was plain to see on all the high-res models. I'll admit though that my 1-2" locally was too low. A few places look like they're going to flirt with 1/2 a foot.

1" on the nose here as of 5.45pm. We've only been able to get these spurts of heavy snow with the more consistent returns staying W/N and E. Ring of fire and I'm living on the fringe.

Thanks. Yeah, I don't think any of the local mets were calling for this even though it was plain to see on all the high-res models. I'll admit though that my 1-2" locally was too low. A few places look like they're going to flirt with 1/2 a foot.

1" on the nose here as of 5.45pm. We've only been able to get these spurts of heavy snow with the more consistent returns staying W/N and E. Ring of fire and I'm living on the fringe.

To my surprise, we've had alot of LES events off Lake Ontario this year, haven't we Canuck? lol 

haha. imma go measure in about 15 mins. Its moderate now in my area. 

YYZ getting hammered by the looks of it on the radar lol. 

To my surprise, we've had alot of LES events off Lake Ontario this year, haven't we Canuck? lol 

haha. imma go measure in about 15 mins. Its moderate now in my area. 

YYZ getting hammered by the looks of it on the radar lol. 

We sure have.

Snow picking up again. Very high snowfall ratios, time of day and surface temps should work in our favor. Snow should start piling up again, hoping to squeeze 3-4" out of this.

Any chance of my region getting in on a bit more of the action?

Archived