e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 2nd-3rd Event Observations

Edge Weather

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of people don't like Steve D on this board but he just posted about the norlun trough

The norlun is forming now. Just east of Monmouth and ocean county , but it can kiss the coast and head out. They really are a function of check the radar , then look out you re window. So you will know soon enough if the 4kNAM was right

The NAM is a great forecasting tool as long as you understand it is usually too close to the coast 

with storm tracking to our east. Notice how the 6z corrected further offshore from just 12z yesterday.

This was the same story with the late December storm where the NAM had too much precip

further west. That's why all the globals were further east yesterday.

I think the GFS is depicting the Norlun very nicely, as the energy is starting to come toward the coast from PA and you can see the moisture working toward NJ there, the Norlun is being pulled back toward it, and then will arch back through Trenton, and then Hunterdon and Warren counties, ending in NE PA.  Should be interesting. 

Some clearing already. Can see some blue skies. sun try to peak through and temps are rising fast.

mostly sunny here 24 degrees, looks like the Nam has the right idea for eastern mass beautiful band of snow working sw over metro Boston and the cape.

Norluns blow, is that guy steve d for real?

Doesn't look that good :cry:

Tough winter Ant, mother nature always seems to balance herself out......I was looking at some pictures from 10-11 good times for sure!  Last decade was fantastic when you add the epic with the disasters it all seems to come out right around climo.

Hang in there maybe Steve D's 1-4 will happen.  Keep the faith!

***It might be time to start following futility, I am pretty sure nyc has never seen back to back single digit snow winters and Boston has never had back to back winters with less than 20 inches.***

Never, ever rely on a Norlun. Ever.

My final total is a little over an inch. Good to see the ground white again, I guess. The miserable "winter" 2012-13 rolls on.

The El Nino peaking around Labor Day will turn out to be the big game changer this winter. This is a typical

-PDO Nina-like raging Pacific Jet pattern. That's why we have so many below normal snowfall winters in

this type of pattern.

Tough winter Ant, mother nature always seems to balance herself out......I was looking at some pictures from 10-11 good times for sure!  Last decade was fantastic when you add the epic with the disasters it all seems to come out right around climo.

Hang in there maybe Steve D's 1-4 will happen.  Keep the faith!

***It might be time to start following futility, I am pretty sure nyc has never seen back to back single digit snow winters and Boston has never had back to back winters with less than 20 inches.***

ILast winter, I had 4.3 inches. I have 6.6 so it's a little better lol.

Archived