joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 15-MOrch possible wintry threats

tombo82685

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The possible clipper (which reminds me of 1/11/1997) is only about 60 hours away...

I was thinking the same system earlier today too, that one was not forecast well at all, I remember they had SE NJ with a chance for some snow but not NYC/LI and we saw 3-4 inches in some places. Both sort of want to form at the base of a front.

I was thinking the same system earlier today too, that one was not forecast well at all, I remember they had SE NJ with a chance for some snow but not NYC/LI and we saw 3-4 inches in some places. Both sort of want to form at the base of a front.

Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise 2.5" back home.

I was thinking of this system as well, but in the Baltimore suburbs it was forcasted pretty well. Very quick  hitter. Ended up with close to 3. Interesting part of the system was that it started out as a very wet snow and ended as a very dry snow which is pretty impressive for a storm that only lasted about 3 hours. It was cold for a couple days afterward but the following weekend was frigid.

This one came to my mind. I remember it was forecasted right up till the snow was falling to be relatively minor.

jan52003r1.gif

This one was "convective".  Forecaster who missed this was rather steamed. Went back and looked at what went wrong because it looked like a simple clipper.  If something like this has a chance (I'm not back til the weekend) and anyone has Bufkit look for a neutral change of theta e with height in the low levels, hopefully across a couple of models. The nam and some sref members we know can get "excitable".

Archived