• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
week of the 20th-26th arctic cold..

NaoPos

KWWD showed a low of only 18F this morning, but made it to only 21F so far.  I actually think that is pretty impressive considering the Delaware Bay is just a few miles away and still quite mild for late January.  The winds have had a more WNW fetch so the lows understandably are not severe.  In Millville, for comparisson, they hit 6F this morning due to calm winds and better radational cooling.  These low high temperatures were a pleasant surprise.  Smaller waterways ands ponds beginning to freeze nicely.

The cold and brisk winds are refreshing. Last year never featured temperatures like this. Actually feels like winter outside for a change.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15.4 right now back home, running about 2 lower than yesterday, maybe they can sneak into the single digits tonight.

Ray

What was your coldest morning during Jan 1994 in Ewing?  I was living in N Jersey near Basking Ridge and I recall -10 or close several mornings.  Of course we had a solid snow pack (literally solid).  Thanks, just trying to get perspective on the current cold spell.

Ray

What was your coldest morning during Jan 1994 in Ewing?  I was living in N Jersey near Basking Ridge and I recall -10 or close several mornings.  Of course we had a solid snow pack (literally solid).  Thanks, just trying to get perspective on the current cold spell.

-6 on 1/19.  That was at Trenton Airport (which is in Ewing).  The airport was 11 this morning; my parents were 12 (though I think their sensor may be running a tad warm, maybe a half degree to a degree).

Archived