• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Possible Snow Threats and Upcoming Cold Spell

Snow_Miser

you know something the models have not been handling anything well - this arctic outbreak keeps getting delayed and positioning of it changed even the latest HPC statement mentions this............

With this I agree completely. That is indeed how this storm trended further north for Wednesday. I still don't think we have much chance with the Friday storm though. I am however extremely interested in the possibilities for next Tuesday.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The New Euro weeklies out

1 st week on euro starts day 11- 15

week 4. jan  - very cold- pos pna - neg nao

week 1. feb - very cold -pos pna -neg nao

week 2. feb - still cold , no warm weather on weeklies thru mid feb say weeklies.

matches up with the cfs v2 . they look very similar .

It's close Anthony. I would have to say its a lot of mix/rain.

Goes to show you how borderline this situation is. A slight warm up in the thermal profiles, and the precipitation type changes entirely for the city, and vice versa for that matter. Wouldn't surprise me to see it slightly cooler at 6z, since it seems to be slightly fluctuating in the thermal profiles at this point.

The nam basically runs the rain/snow line through the city for the event

This is close

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/nam/00/nam_namer_039_10m_wnd_precip.gif

Not really too close.....it's a usual "high elevation/NW suburbs situation. It'd have to shift very far south to put NYC in the all snow zone and still pretty far to put them in mostly snow

It runs it right over me as well. P types should be interesting tomorrow night to say the least if the 00z NAM verifies verbatim...

The fact that it got warmer, and still on the colder side of the envelop has me hesitant to use it. It's very boarder line for you guys. I'm 100% sure I will be rain. Guys just north of me really have no room for error

Archived