• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Climate Change Banter

Jonger

Choosing to ignore my posts won't change reality. Some of you are in for a rude awkening.

You pretty much answered your own hypothesis there ORH. Gulf Stream has moved north and it's trajectory has changed, hint hint AMOC shutdown.

I have no reason to be alarmist other than to save my own future. Doesn't get more egotistical and truthful than that.

I'll take my chances...... you are now on my ignore list. 

I'll take my chances...... you are now on my ignore list. 

Stop filling the thread with garbage. Delete all this ORH.

Go eat crow, not my problem CAD. Actually it is, keep spewing out garbage and fooking up the Earth indefinitely and see how far you get. Your name will be hated for eternity.

Don't expect me to clean out your diaper either. Better build up that 401K.

Stop filling the thread with garbage. Delete all this ORH.

Go eat crow, not my problem CAD. Actually it is, keep spewing out garbage and fooking up the Earth indefinitely and see how far you get. Your name will be hated for eternity.

Don't expect me to clean out your diaper either. Better build up that 401K.

You need a few lessons in manners.

You need a few lessons in manners.

Pardon sir? I have a traditional Liberal Arts (Associate in Science) education, mostly for the sake of being academic not so much for jobs altho it's a nice bonus on the resume.

I have no respect for certain age groups and demographics anymore, altho I would prefer not be ageist. This is very bad but I haven't been able to overcome because of group think and wealth inequality among groups. I've also seen my own generation talked down upon by older people.

Since when did education become an indoctrination of manners? You pretty much validated all the conspiracy theories about how higher education is controlled by elitists who brainwash the youth.

Brainwashed??? I think they scrubbed yours bare.

My god, you're dumb. If you aren't drunk, you probably should be.

Pardon sir? I have a traditional Liberal Arts (Associate in Science) education, mostly for the sake of being academic not so much for jobs altho it's a nice bonus on the resume.

I have no respect for certain age groups and demographics anymore, altho I would prefer not be ageist. This is very bad but I haven't been able to overcome because of group think and wealth inequality among groups. I've also seen my own generation talked down upon by older people.

sounds like life!

Liberal arts degree? I'm not trying to pick on you but I see so many people with degrees they can't do anything with.

Nothing to do with that. We are deep in **** guys. I may of failed on my humor but I am very much a qualified adult.

You just validated my point by being ageist. Hailman06 is the same age as I am, lol. 

You going to b**ch at me all day or help me clean up the mess you started? You might be better off in PR, CAD_Wedge. I rarely see you post here.

It's screaming at you but you guys won't accept that things are different now. Mabye at 20+ months you will understand.

1959 only had 6 months +PDO. 1957 and 1960 both only had 7 months +PDO and some of those were barely positive. That's a sharp contrast from our current situation with 14 months straight of +PDO, averaging like +1.5 for that period. The longest streak 1957-1960 was only 10 months and the magnitude was half of our 14+ month streak.

It's screaming at you but you guys won't accept that things are different now. Mabye at 20+ months you will understand.

What's screaming at me?  The fact that the Earth this past decade has been the warmest in instrumental observations, at which we now have an El Nino gaining steam which will cause us to break a new global record gee who would of thought.

What's screaming at me?  The fact that the Earth this past decade has been the warmest in instrumental observations, at which we now have an El Nino gaining steam which will cause us to break a new global record gee who would of thought.

Yeah, there are a lot of people in here that are skeptical of the long term prediction of major global problems, but fully acknowledge global warming continues on.  If anyone in here thinks that sea level will drop anytime soon or next decades' temperatures will be cooler than this decade, they are just in lala land.  

The 2020s will be much warmer than the 2010s.  In addition, sea level will be higher, heat waves will get worse,forest fires will get worse, extreme precipitation will continue to become more common.  This of course is barring some major volcanic eruption or geoengineering project.

I think Weatherguy needs to keep an openmind to honest skeptics that are not convinced of the doomsday scenarios. Skeptic does not automatically mean denier.   

No, the PDO thing. We will never have a -PDO again. From now on land will be playing 'catch-up' with the ocean (thanks hiatus).

Point taken nflwxman. I am a skeptic on the other side of the spectrum.

No, the PDO thing. We will never have a -PDO again. From now on land will be playing 'catch-up' with the ocean (thanks hiatus).

I don't see how this can happen anytime soon.  The PDO was strongly negative no more than 2 years ago...

I don't see how this can happen anytime soon.  The PDO was strongly negative no more than 2 years ago...

Just his usual disinformation.  You must have missed the memo that the earth hit a tipping point no more natural variability and now everything we know including observational data can now be thrown out we are doomed.  How are we suppose to reason with someone like this.

Big bag of holy sh**.

gfs_T2m_nhem_50.png

It's becoming increasingly obvious that we should expect the unexpected when it comes to future climate change. With the current climate regime and highly carbonized atmosphere, there should be no Arctic land ice and substantially less land ice at the South Pole. Sea levels should be from 20 to 40 feet higher than they are. However, because it takes so much time to melt off that much ice, sea levels are not that high.

This is exposing a lot more land than would have ever been exposed during similar climate regimes. It's known that land warms more rapidly than the oceans, so I wonder if this excess land could contribute to a superheated atmosphere - with high temperatures never before experienced on this planet. I don't know how you can model the current climate. The changes occurring now are unprecedented in the history of the planet.

Point taken nflwxman. I am a skeptic on the other side of the spectrum.

You need to re-read the definition of -PDO.

Yeah, there are a lot of people in here that are skeptical of the long term prediction of major global problems, but fully acknowledge global warming continues on.  If anyone in here thinks that sea level will drop anytime soon or next decades' temperatures will be cooler than this decade, they are just in lala land.  

The 2020s will be much warmer than the 2010s.  In addition, sea level will be higher, heat waves will get worse,forest fires will get worse, extreme precipitation will continue to become more common.  This of course is barring some major volcanic eruption or geoengineering project.

I think Weatherguy needs to keep an openmind to honest skeptics that are not convinced of the doomsday scenarios. Skeptic does not automatically mean denier.   

The definitive statement.  It's been know to make people look foolish.  Too bad we have to wait 15 years to put it to the test.

The definitive statement.  It's been know to make people look foolish.  Too bad we have to wait 15 years to put it to the test.

Well, if it's not true....that means the AGW theory is severely broken, as well as the laws of thermodynamics. I hope you're not one of those nutty conservatives, or liberal. Hell if I care about your political ideaology. The Earth will do what it wants, it won't be saved by 'god'.

I would of just let you be If you would of stopped getting involved in areas that are not your place. I will walk softly and carry a big stick. Since you are effortlessly leading a propaganda campaign and trying to defund NASA Earth Science and wrecking the future for everything on this Planet.