• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Chance 01/03/13

negative-nao

Looks like a Miller A signal at this point, which someone will have to fill me in when the last time a true Miller A occurred in these parts. That said I think the flow is too progressive currently as there's nothing to hold the low back from ejecting: +NAO and no 50/50 I don't think. Right now it is also further south than tomorrow's event.

Looks like a Miller A signal at this point, which someone will have to fill me in when the last time a true Miller A occurred in these parts. That said I think the flow is too progressive currently as there's nothing to hold the low back from ejecting: +NAO and no 50/50 I don't think. Right now it is also further south than tomorrow's event.

09-10?

yes Miller A, with alot of overrunning in advance

The system on 1/4-1/5 is worth keeping an eye on...might also suppress but it's still "there" on the map.

Thank you JB ;-D haha jk buddy!

I'm not too enthused with the chances. Flow gets very fast along the way coast. Suppressed and sheared is my first guess.

Thank you JB ;-D haha jk buddy!

I'm not too enthused with the chances. Flow gets very fast along the way coast. Suppressed and sheared is my first guess.

:lol: -- I'm not that optimistic either but it's one of those things that if the flow relaxes some it could result in the storm bumping up the coast a bit. The GFS tries to get close on this on the 0z last night and had some snow up to Philly on the 12z yesterday I believe.

In the end, the pattern supports suppression but given it's a week out I don't think it's a bad idea to keep an eye on it just in case.

(FWIW, the GFS did shift north with the New Years Night event about 75 miles between 12z yesterday and 0z today...still stays way south of us but it's something to note)

Archived