wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Storm Threat Dec 26-28 Period

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 18z GFS ens mean is beautiful. At least 0.60", all snow for the NW burbs and mostly snow along I-95.

Buuuut take a look at the individual members. There's a wrapped-up (warm, rainy) camp, and a suppressed (cold, dry) camp...which makes the mean look like a perfect solution. But in reality you only have 2 members showing any sticking snow (excluding what little bit might come from CAD ahead of the wrapped-up solutions).

With the pattern being so progressive, seems a lot like a thread-the-needle.

The 18z GFS ens mean is beautiful. At least 0.60", all snow for the NW burbs and mostly snow along I-95.

Buuuut take a look at the individual members. There's a wrapped-up (warm, rainy) camp, and a suppressed (cold, dry) camp...which makes the mean look like a perfect solution. But in reality you only have 2 members showing any sticking snow (excluding what little bit might come from CAD ahead of the wrapped-up solutions).

With the pattern being so progressive, seems a lot like a thread-the-needle.

I'm impressed with the ensemble run, as it seems like a fairly strong signal for significant precip. (be it liquid or frozen), given the nature of ensembles and the relatively long lead time remaining for this potential event.

The post christmas storm in my eyes looking at the h5 right now should be further nw...The northern stream is phased in more...stronger low in the midwest. Though, we still have a good 50/50 low and with the christmas wave developing stronger it flattened out the hgts along the east coast, but they are higher than 18z.

Archived