• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December 20th-22nd Major Winter Storm Part II

andyhb

dry slot gets into the area but short lived as heights fall as defo band would swing through.

I think the initial surge will be 100% liquid outside the far northwest cwa and possibly Mt. Geos. The prospects of a rapidly strengthening low with a defo band nearby are keeping me interested in a possible 1-2 hour period of +SN...again favoring the far NW suburbs.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to you guys to the east of la crosse. Looks like you are in for a real pounding.

I am so pumped for this, been too long since we've had a real winter storm. GFS currently shows over 0.9" liquid which could be anywhere from 8" to over a foot depending on ratio.

I'm thinking that the 2-3" of snowcover were getting today will help keep this event all snow, the whole region being covered with snow makes a big difference. The albedo of the ground is around 20%, while the albedo of fresh snow is 80-90%. Incoming shortwave radiation ain't gonna be able to ruin this party now.

I am so pumped for this, been too long since we've had a real winter storm. GFS currently shows over 0.9" liquid which could be anywhere from 8" to over a foot depending on ratio.

I'm thinking that the 2-3" of snowcover were getting today will really help keep this event all snow, the whole region being covered with snow makes a big difference. The albedo of the ground is around 20%, while the albedo of fresh snow is 80-90%. Incoming shortwave radiation ain't gonna be able to ruin this party now.

Good luck to you guys to the east of la crosse. Looks like you are in for a real pounding.

Since Skilling and MPX have given it a shout out...12z FIM is south of Chicago through northern IN (south of SBN). It then moves east from there to CLE (pressure between 984 and 988) before redeveloping. Might be an even weenier solution for LAF with respect to backside snows.

Since Skilling and MPX have given it a shout out...12z FIM is south of Chicago through northern IN (south of SBN). It then moves east from there to CLE (pressure between 984 and 988) before redeveloping. Might be an even weenier solution for LAF with respect to backside snows.

Talk about a good track except for the eastward motion.

Archived