joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Arctic Front and Winter Storm Threat Sunday - Monday

OKpowdah

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SLC/UT Valley inversions are prolly the most awful inversions I can think of. Nothing like pollution to ruin a nice new snowfall.

SLC had three inches of snow, it didn't last long here so we got maybe a half inch before it shut off. But none of it melted. We can get some good inversions here but SLC usually gets a lot worse, and Cache valley up by logan is definitely the worst I know of.

MPX has a nice snowfall report map: http://www.crh.noaa....x/?n=snowtotals

Measured approx 12", 50 miles SE of MPLS at 6:00pm pretty much verifies with the 3 miles west of Red Wing. Nice storm, but went to town to get gas and seen a bad accident on US HWY 61 (fatalities unfortunately) and 5 other vehicles in the ditch within 5 miles. Wish people would learn to slow down.

Measured approx 12", 50 miles SE of MPLS at 6:00pm pretty much verifies with the 3 miles west of Red Wing. Nice storm, but went to town to get gas and seen a bad accident on US HWY 61 (fatalities unfortunately) and 5 other vehicles in the ditch within 5 miles. Wish people would learn to slow down.

That is unfortunate to hear. Drivers here in Anchorage are probably some of the worst winter drivers I have ever seen. People just don't understand basic physics, it seems.

I measured 13" about an hour ago here in Minnetonka, MN. Looks like there is a nice quick burst of snow headed our way over the next few hours.

Awesome to hear. Some snow pics never hurt :)

LocoAko and I chased the line of snow last night :lol: I think we were very successful! I'll post a video later.

Anyone have snow total reports from this event? Was there anything over an inch reported anywhere?

The Wichita Falls climate report for today reported exactly 1 inch. Also, congrats on the snow chase, I call that hardcore...chasing 1 inch snow events. I had friends out east who used to drive extensive distances to chase lake bands.

Ended up with a shade over 13". Took pics with my new camera, pic files are too big to upload, still figuring out that one (limiting sizes). Had a bit of sun for about 30 minutes today so took a couple with the cheapo camera.

Nice shots, bud. I can tell you are down in the river valley there. Nice area out there.

Archived