Newest Member
    joxey
Updated Weatherbell Winter Forecast

ChescoWx

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're going to last a while here.

I may not post that much but I go way back to the Wright Weather days.

Anyway, I don't think it is productive for Paul to keep posting about JB or posting his forecasts just to have the usual crew come in to bash him. A lot of the time, what he says has been taken out of context or is inaccurate. You have to ask why someone would pay for JB if he is so bad?

Carmen

I don't think anyone that pays for JB thinks he is bad....if you find value you don't mind the price. But not all see value...so they don't pay and that is the way it should be. I pay and find value.

I may not post that much but I go way back to the Wright Weather days.

Anyway, I don't think it is productive for Paul to keep posting about JB or posting his forecasts just to have the usual crew come in to bash him. A lot of the time, what he says has been taken out of context or is inaccurate. You have to ask why someone would pay for JB if he is so bad?

Carmen

I don't think anyone that pays for JB thinks he is bad....if you find value you don't mind the price. But not all see value...so they don't pay and that is the way it should be. I pay and find value.

Paul - I am glad you find value as I do too. However, these threads where you mention JB always seem to go the same way though.

It's funny I have received a couple private messages and 4 emails from admirers this week regarding JB from here ......but all mentioned they fear bringing him up due to the strong negative reaction his name elicits. It is a shame folks can't just post their reasons for disagreement from a meteorology perspective and leave it at that. It sounds like folks that have met him or worked with him don't like him....I have never met or spoke with him so I cannot form a personal opinion on him. I personally find him informative and entertaining and one thing is for sure....if you follow JB a snowstorm will never surprise you!

Paul - I am glad you find value as I do too. However, these threads where you mention JB always seem to go the same way though.

It's funny I have received a couple private messages and 4 emails from admirers this week regarding JB from here ......but all mentioned they fear bringing him up due to the strong negative reaction his name elicits. It is a shame folks can't just post their reasons for disagreement from a meteorology perspective and leave it at that. It sounds like folks that have met him or worked with him don't like him....I have never met or spoke with him so I cannot form a personal opinion on him. I personally find him informative and entertaining and one thing is for sure....if you follow JB a snowstorm will never surprise you!

"Admirers" tend to be major snow weenies. Of course there are several of them posting and lurking.

I myself have no beef with JB or hearing his thoughts. Problem for some is he gets the weenies worked up and it tends to pollute threads. Most people know not to get excited by JBs ideas, but some can't control themselves.

See this is where having a MET professional use his knowledge and forecasting skills (which a weenie such as I do not possess) and tell us why his (JB/DT/SD etc,) meteorology is wrong and move on - JB may usually be wrong but he does supply his scientific reasoning - if you dispute it then this is the forum to tell us why he is wrong and make your own forecast - right?

Thanks!

This, on top of the fact that his forecasts are usually wrong. No need to repeat bad info, IMO.

I think you guys should knock it off. You want me to start posting about how terrible th NWS forecasts are?

You make a post like this to basically defend JB, but apparently it is okay for JB to publicly bash the NWS multiple times. He has done this for years!

Crap like this nearly helps me make a final decision to step away from this board!!!

You make a post like this to basically defend JB, but apparently it is okay for JB to publicly bash the NWS multiple times. He has done this for years!

Crap like this nearly helps me make a final decision to step away from this board!!!

Totally agree with you, he has been bashing the NWS for years and he does it constantly and the sad part is he is never even close to being correct. Just like Adam said do not let a few jerks ruin your time here, just put them on ignore.

Like I told Tony a few weeks ago, Mike, don't let a few jerks ruin your time here. It's a better place with you here.

I would just put them on the ignore list...Hate to see METS get off here. I don't understand why people get so fired up about jb forecasts and nws forecasts. The best part i like are the people who sit there and rip people for making forecasts yet don't put any thoughts on the table themselves, they are winners to me.

Like I told Tony a few weeks ago, Mike, don't let a few jerks ruin your time here. It's a better place with you here.

I hear where you are coming from Adam, however to me it seems like it has become more than "a few jerks". It ticks me off when some in the private sector/media bash the NWS but heaven for bid if the NWS says anything negative about them publicly. It is unprofessional!! No one in the weather business is perfect, unlike some who think they are!

I hear where you are coming from Adam, however to me it seems like it has become more than "a few jerks". It ticks me off when some in the private sector/media bash the NWS but heaven for bid if the NWS says anything negative about them publicly. It is unprofessional!! No one in the weather business is perfect, unlike some who think they are!

No one is perfect in any business and if they tell you they are you know they are liars. Unfortunately because you work for a government agency you are held to a higher standard and you cannot bash anyone, i feel for you i really do.

No one is perfect in any business and if they tell you they are you know they are liars. Unfortunately because you work for a government agency you are held to a higher standard and you cannot bash anyone, i feel for you i really do.

Yeah and it seems like no matter what we do as an agency, it is not good enough and someone has to complain. I have noticed an uptick with this, and it became more notable after Sandy. People are entitled to their opinions, however when they do not know the entire reasoning behind decisions then go public with criticisms, then that is not right.

Archived