• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Nor'easter obs...

NaoPos

It would be helpful if more reports reached us earlier. We did not have many reports at or above 5 inches. Saw the banding holding across the area and got some reports of 6 inches of snow along with some tree limbs down (renewed power outages), and upgraded to a warning. This is not an easy storm to forecast (still light rain at KPHL!).

you are not kidding

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I submitted 8" to storm report with limbs downs about twenty minutes ago. That norlun feature is pretty amazing to see on radar.

Okay, thanks for the report a short time ago. Pretty sure this is not a norlun event, just strong frontogenetic forcing resulting in banding.

You're really teasing me over there in NE PHL. I'm here in Bryn Mawr looking at intense banding just east of me. It's been snowing since 1130 this morning here, and I've got some slush on my car to show for it.
It's been rough man I hear you. Snowing all day and we can't even get a coating on anything. I tell you this feels just like that Boxing Day blizzard two years ago.

Seems like you are measuring quite often.

Just a little excited, yes. I have pics on iPhone and will upload to flicker when this tapers off. The 8" measurement was an average from several spots so the 9 + at this point is unofficial. There is another member on this board less than 1/2 mile away and he is posting similar results.

It's been rough man I hear you. Snowing all day and we can't even get a coating on anything. I tell you this feels just like that Boxing Day blizzard two years ago.

Yeah, at least it's not on that level for PHL area (missing 1-2ft+ to the east). Luckily for me I was home in Monmouth for boxing day. Last October we jackpotted here as you know with 4"+ so I guess we can't complain.

I am not physically in NJ (Shore) and with the wife's measurement of 6 " (Toms River) a while ago and looking at my good neighbors thread in Monmouth County of 9" and looking at current radar (relentless) - I am expecting about a foot or more of snow when I get back to NJ tomorrow...

I can confirm the 9 and counting.......

It's hey too....the roads are a mess between the snow and piles of debris from sandy cleanup. Hope they are careful if an attempt to plow is made.

Just heard a big bang.....brb

Archived