wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Nor'easter obs...

NaoPos

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that at 11:00PM when I went to bed, the temperature was 28 degrees and the dewpoint was 28 degrees. Now, when I wake up this morning, the temperature rose to 33 degrees, but the dewpoint fell to 22 degrees. Can't wait to run my tanker loads of water over the Blue Mountain this afternoon and evening...should be fun.

33 Degrees

DP - 24

Cloudy

Nam spits out a foot for eastern pa again

I like the NWS forecast of 4-6" in your area. The 6z GFS was in line with that as well. The NAM could be right, but I'd honestly be surprised if it was. I also think the snow won't be the plaster-type either in the LV which should save a few trees and power lines. It won't be the real dry stuff you get at 20F, but with temps at 34 and DP at 21, the storm should have temps in the upper 20's, which is wet, but not overly so.

I like the NWS forecast of 4-6" in your area. The 6z GFS was in line with that as well. The NAM could be right, but I'd honestly be surprised if it was. I also think the snow won't be the plaster-type either in the LV which should save a few trees and power lines. It won't be the real dry stuff you get at 20F, but with temps at 34 and DP at 21, the storm should have temps in the upper 20's, which is wet, but not overly so.

Yeah I hope not, I lost power for 4 days with sandy, but I also have a 5500 w generator. I was told PPL is keeping reinforcements around till weeks end

Precip shield making nice progress with band looking to head back toward Chesco by early PM (not real confident it will make it back this far but worth watching....) - currently 31 miles to my SE around Woodbury Hts NJ. My webcam is up and running here in NW Chesco (see below for link and access)

Archived