• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Pittsburgh/Western Pa Weather

north pgh

lol do you feel like the only sane person on the weather forum? From an outside perspective that's probably how you would be viewed. :snowing:

I'm sane too.    ;)

I was actually ready to add a reply earlier concurring with Torn's point of view, but I was having trouble coming up with the right words to point out that I respect everybody's right to hope to be in the bullseye for the big one, without also sounding like I thought Torn was out of bounds with his comment, because I didn't take it as anything more than friendly banter.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy fellas.

Let's not become like another subforum, that likes to attack and pile on.

Post #625 is more of what Torn is trying to convey.

I didn't really get the sense that Torn was putting down anyone for liking big snowstorms, just in a light way expressing his preference.

I agree, lets not get to harsh with him. Other than preferring to avoid snow none of his posts have been anything like rants. And I think the nutz thing was just in fun. Sometimes things don't come across well in text but that's how I took it.

Don't get me wrong from the pure meteorology aspect I love extreme weather...but in terms of commuting and being a homeowner I just prefer when its not imby.

I am lucky enough that my work is pretty lenient in bad weather, and sometimes even closes so I get "Adult Snow Days" paid. My wife works in day care, and they often follow the local school districts and close in bad weather so we end up getting a day to spend at home which I usually spend out in the snow with my daughter. If I had a job that really grilled you for being late I would dread those wintry commutes. I've loved snow since I can remember, I just never grew out of it like most people.

Sorry guys if I went a little overboard with my last post. I'm having a really bad day today which concerns some things in my life not weather related. Maybe some of that went into my post and I didn't mean it to. I just come on here because I love this hobby and most of the people here share my excitement for the weather, especially when we can track and possibly experience storms. I felt like that was kind of ruined for us a few years ago with some of the attacks from that former poster when most of us simply enjoyed that rare event. I just don't want to go through that again and be made to feel guilty because I'm happy we got a snowstorm. Anyway, no hard feelings.

I'll agree with the crazy snow lovers on this one--I was very tempted to hike to Boston this weekend.  Big snowstorms are what I look forward to each winter (and I certainly wish they occurred more consistently as the majority of winters are disappointing).  I drove from Erie back home to Philly once in December of '09 because I didn't want to miss the nearly 2' of snow we got.

I was actually okay with this earlier in the week, but today, I'm a bit more annoyed/depressed at missing this as the reality of it sinks in.  That and I know we won't see anything like it on our home turf (or at least chances are incredibly slim).

Geez I'm not rants by way...used to be psuwxman at eastern...I'm not a met anymore by trade so I signed up for a new SN...believe me being compared to Rants was certainly not my intention.

No problem. I wasn't trying to be harsh. I didn't think you were rantz but the comment reminded me of him. Like I said in my earlier posts I like the nice weather and I am looking forward to Spring but I would enjoy tracking and getting one more big storm. I think it is natural in all of us. Plus, the later we get in the month any big snows would start to melt quicker if we get some sun and longer days.

You beat me to it. Hopefully, the 0z GFS was just one bad run considering every other run so far has given us something decent. Yep, still have to ride the rollercoaster this far out.

What is the EURO showing?  Last I saw it wasn't on the table with the EURO.  I give the GFS little credence in this range without support from the EURO.

You beat me to it. Hopefully, the 0z GFS was just one bad run considering every other run so far has given us something decent. Yep, still have to ride the rollercoaster this far out.

What is the EURO showing?  Last I saw it wasn't on the table with the EURO.  I give the GFS little credence in this range without support from the EURO.

I really don't have access to the EURO, so I have no idea. I haven't even really looked at the other models either yet concerning this one. I'm not taking it all that seriously right now, just keeping an eye on it and hoping basically. Something to talk about I guess while New England gets bombed. The GFS has had this one for quite a while now. Who knows this far out what's going to happen with it, if anything at all.

Archived