• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
What have been your favorite events to track?

Hoosier

This isn't necessarily which events have been the best IYBY though obviously those tend to be remembered more fondly.

These are the ones that come to mind without much thought...in reverse chronological order

Summer 2012 heat waves

GHD 2011 (maybe my favorite event to track even though there was some heartbreak in the end)

Octobomb

Failed February 2009 Appalachian bomb

Ike remnants

December 2007 winter storms

Feb 2007 blizzard

May 30, 2004 severe weather

October 24, 2001 severe weather

That's about as far back as I can go. Started poking around on TWC boards in the late 90s but can't remember being on there for specific events.

I'd have to say the December 11, 2000 blizzard was one of the best storms to track. It seemed the current iteration of weather message boards were just in their infancy at the time and the models had locked into a pretty stable track almost a week out.

Agree with most of Hoosier's choices. I'd personally add these...

December 2000 (back on the TWC boards, but I was pretty new to the message board thing, just found computer wx models, etc...though it started this "obsession". Moved to WWBB in Jan 2001)

2002 Christmas Eve snowstorm

December 8, 2005 snowstorm

February 2007 (besides the blizzard obviously, includes the clipper on the 6th and the overall cold/complete change from the very warm first 1/2 of that winter)

June 5, 2010 tornadoes (hit too close to my old home)

Man there's been so many. Only 3 come specifically to mind at the moment. Of course the GHD storm, and the xmas 2010 6 day long storm that brought every kind of precip to the area in large quantities. One of the more memorable severe events I remember tracking was the 5/10/10 central/southern Plains tornado outbreak.

My Top 10

1. Jan 2-3rd 1999

2. April 24-26th 2005

3. Dec 11 2000

4. Jan 1st 2008

5. July 1997 severe weather outbreak

6. The whole summer of 2009

7. Excitement of the GHD storm the actually storm here. Meh

8. Cold outbreak Jan 94 -25 one night a high temp of -5 one day. Cool stuff

9. April 2003 4 day Ice storm that included T-Storms. Wicked. followed by a Snowstorm on Day 5 of 6" power was out for over a week.

10. Bliizzard of 1993. Only had winds with a couple inches of snow but following that sucker on TWC was fun as hell.

Archived