• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
This is pretty cool and I have wondered in the past why this hasn't happened sooner

Typhoon Tip

I'm not sure. It will depend on whether NBC News goes along with it... if they do some affiliates/owned stations may but it will be up to the individual stations I'm sure.

Do not have a clue about your company but..... You guys do live shots with TWC, no way you and they are not referring to Winter storm Khan while you are reporting live in 4 per hour from West Hartford, no way. That is a good beer bet.

Do not have a clue about your company but..... You guys do live shots with TWC, no way you and they are not referring to Winter storm Khan while you are reporting live in 4 per hour from West Hartford, no way. That is a good beer bet.

I don't know I think you'd be surprised. I don't particularly care either way. I'm not even sure you'll see the names on Today/Nightly News etc. If you do then it's more likely the local stations do... but it could be solely a TWC thing.

My gut feeling is you will see them on NBC news shows but I'm not sure about that.

I don't know I think you'd be surprised. I don't particularly care either way. I'm not even sure you'll see the names on Today/Nightly News etc. If you do then it's more likely the local stations do... but it could be solely a TWC thing.

My gut feeling is you will see them on NBC news shows but I'm not sure about that.

Can not wait actually to see how this all plays out. Perhaps one of the best marketing schemes in years.

I mostly am skeptical about this because it's clearly an attention grab/ratings booster. I worry that it is all too subjective and doesn't really have public interest in mind.

Tropical systems are one thing, where there are set criteria (i.e. 35 kts, 64 kts, etc.) that have a backing in (mostly) objective science. Tropical systems are a lot closer to black and white, in that it either is or it isn't a hurricane or tropical storm (transitioning to extratropical notwithstanding).

I have reservations about naming something that has yet to form as well. We all know you can get into trouble with too much model hugging.

There is a ton of good work being done about the social science behind the weather, I'm just not sure this move consulted or was aimed towards any of that. One way or another though, we're going to have quite the experiment on our hands this winter.

Archived