northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The NEW summer 2012 BANTER thread.

Snowlover76

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like bluefish and dolphin attacking a school of menhaden (bunker). Might have saw 1 shark mixed in.

Those are all sharks,Like the article says,I never saw sharks in bunkers like that,except thresher's but they don't jump like that,

I must be blind. Looks like mostly dolphin with perhaps 1-2 sharks mixed in.

I have seen threshers and brown sharks on bunker schools many, many times 1 mile off the Rockaways.

What kind of sharks are in this video?

Those are mostly dolphins swimming in circles..it's a common technique they use when feeding. Might have seen a few other fish in there but I couldn't find a shark.

I agree. Those look like dolphins attacking a small bunker school. I even see evidence of bluefish feeding on the bunker also.

There might be 1-2 sharks mixed in, but it's very tough to tell on that video. You can clearly see several dolphins in the video.

Normally, thresher sharks come in to feed on the bunker schools. But that video is 100% not thresher sharks.

Sharks feeding on bunker schools is not uncommon. Happens every year within 1-3 miles of our beaches on the massive bunker schools.

Dolphins are common also and are ferocious feeders. Last year a school of 50-100 dolphin invaded the western LI sound near the Throggs Neck Bridge. The way they viciously slaughtered the schools of bunker was incredible to see in person. Much more violent then this video.

Why some people want another land falling tropical cyclone up here again is beyond me. Being without power for days on end, having property damage, flood damage etc. Is not fun at all. Id take a full fledged blizzard any day over this stuff. Easier to shovel snow than to clean up/repair your house after a hurricane.

Hope this TS dies out, A gas prices with a GOM hit would be outrageous, B the main forum is obnoxious

Agree. I hope the system makes landfall on the east coast of Florida somewhere.

With the obnoxious amount of "new" traders who are in the oil market, any threat of this thing going into the gulf will bring up the price of gasoline to easily over $5 a gallon.

Would cripple our economy.

Agree. I hope the system makes landfall on the east coast of Florida somewhere.

With the obnoxious amount of "new" traders who are in the oil market, any threat of this thing going into the gulf will bring up the price of gasoline to easily over $5 a gallon.

Would cripple our economy.

lol this argument is rediculous, if you think that way then buy in the market.

I must be blind. Looks like mostly dolphin with perhaps 1-2 sharks mixed in.

I have seen threshers and brown sharks on bunker schools many, many times 1 mile off the Rockaways.

What kind of sharks are in this video?

The NJ DEP believe that they are black tipped or spinner sharks from the interview in the Daily News.

That's common behavior for those species and they came north with the warm SST's in the area.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1141536

Why some people want another land falling tropical cyclone up here again is beyond me. Being without power for days on end, having property damage, flood damage etc. Is not fun at all. Id take a full fledged blizzard any day over this stuff. Easier to shovel snow than to clean up/repair your house after a hurricane.

Blizzard > Any weather

Winter weather can be just as destructive/annoying.

Irene didn't paralyze my area the way that the Dec 26/27th, 2010 blizzard did, nor did it cause nearly as much destruction as the March 2010 rain/wind storm.

Winter weather can be just as destructive/annoying.

Irene didn't paralyze my area the way that the Dec 26/27th, 2010 blizzard did, nor did it cause nearly as much destruction as the March 2010 rain/wind storm.

Destructive? Not really. I don't think anyone here would choose an ice storm over snow. And if it's typical snow, aka not in October, it doesn't cause much destruction at all.

Archived