Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
CC nor'easter Hybrid

Ginx snewx

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well tongue in cheek kind of statement, but I don't think we see anything meaningful. Maybe a tenth of an inch if that.

Well maybe a little more here lol. Models did a good job ramping it up after 00Z. I thought maybe a little dry air and lack of a low level jet would not e enough to bring the good theta-e west, but it's doing a good job.

So what causes the secondary band that merges with the CCB comma head in these storms... the one that causes the radar to look like a hammer? Is it the meeting of the warm and cold conveyor bands?

You mean the north-south band? That's actually a little deformation area. That spread to the north towards PSM is a result of frontogenesis sort of squeezing out the moisture in the air. That arc moving north is sort of the WCB and then the moisture gets wrung out and deformed over ern MA into a n-s band.

You were on the fence (no pun intended). It looked ugly yesterday.

BOS was on the fence. 10 miles west and it's barely wetting the pavement past 128. I thought maybe this morning and early aftn...it may just graze the city, but a few miles means everything. This storm is wrapping up a bit which helps.

BOS was on the fence. 10 miles west and it's barely wetting the pavement past 128. I thought maybe this morning and early aftn...it may just graze the city, but a few miles means everything. This storm is wrapping up a bit which helps.

I honestly didn't expect the northern extent of this. I though my area would get the outer band and the outer cape would be in the jackpot. Nice refresher system.

Wish I had opened my mouth earlier. I was thinking western most extent of rain shield weymouth and highest totals west of the canal. However, all I had the guts to say was steady rain makes it to boston.

Look how quickly it got together. That helped out. Not that we'll get what SE MA is getting, but a good dose of rain.

Archived