• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2012 Tropical Atlantic Observations And Discussions

NEG NAO

18Z GFS still has the storm but a frontal system exits the east coast prior to the storm gaining latitude and it tracks a few hundred miles east up the coast out to sea - this is going to be all about timing and the position of the ridge out in the atlantic forecasted to slide off the coast later next week and out to the atlantic

http://raleighwx.ame...bTSLPp12300.gif

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, the Euro and the GFS shows nothing for the area.

starting at 18z last night the gfs has had the tropical cyclone but there is a cold front that has moved off shore that prevents the storm from heading towards the east coast and keeps it offshore several hundred miles moving north - run the loop on whichever model site you use long range and you will see here is hour 300 on the gfs - this is long range so probably will change as we move forward

http://raleighwx.ame...bTSLPp12300.gif

Here is the 12z GGEM. Different than the GFS.

s4cu4g.gif

A Cat 6 MegaCane headed NW towards Long Island would produce 4 or 5 50 page posts in the subforum, but the Canadian is rarely correct. Good news, looking at 1000 mb or stronger lows on 12Z ensembles, most are further East of the op, and I am not giving up on an NYC subforum impact.

A Cat 6 MegaCane headed NW towards Long Island would produce 4 or 5 50 page posts in the subforum, but the Canadian is rarely correct. Good news, looking at 1000 mb or stronger lows on 12Z ensembles, most are further East of the op, and I am not giving up on an NYC subforum impact.

I'm the only one in this thread right now. I don't know where everyone is. :bag:

Archived