Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV/Big Jim: OBS 12/15 - 12/25

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, well i was just going off what was done last week with the clipper, someone made a separate thread for it.

If the weekend storm ends up occurring maybe we can just have y'all's thread and our thread pinned. In the MD/DC/VA forum they only have one obs thread for the whole forum, but they pinned it for their storm today.

People seem to forget how to drive in snow...this was one tweet sent by the NBC 40 wx guy in S NJ.

Working on an hour commute from my school visit in Absecon to work in Linwood. Crawling at 5-10mph along Route 9 entire trip!

http://twitter.com/n...500659281371136

LOL really. Of course you need to slow down in snow, but 5 MPH is a tad ridiculous.

yeah....we're morons on the East Coast when it comes to snow even though it falls every winter. Glad I got out of the city before the coating from hell hit.

LMAO Philly drivers are clueless, insane morons when it's 75 and sunny out. I got into a bad habit of driving like I was in a 3rd world country when I lived there (read: disobeying all traffic laws/signals/markings). Good thing I sold my car when I moved to NYC.

As of 1622hrs my Daughter tells me that it is snowing in Toms River sticking to everything - I work in E Monmouth county - not a flake, should be an interesting ride on the ole GSP this eveningrolleyes.gif

I love Mt Holly terminology on this afternoons weather discussion: "THE 12Z ECMWF PRETTY MUCH CLOBBERS THE ENTIRE AREA" - Beautiful, just beautiful Snowman.gifSnowman.gifSnowman.gif

As of 1622hrs my Daughter tells me that it is snowing in Toms River sticking to everything - I work in E Monmouth county - not a flake, should be an interesting ride on the ole GSP this eveningrolleyes.gif

I love Mt Holly terminology on this afternoons weather discussion: "THE 12Z ECMWF PRETTY MUCH CLOBBERS THE ENTIRE AREA" - Beautiful, just beautiful Snowman.gifSnowman.gifSnowman.gif

The secondary roads in Toms River are sheets of ice. Watch out.

LMAO Philly drivers are clueless, insane morons when it's 75 and sunny out. I got into a bad habit of driving like I was in a 3rd world country when I lived there (read: disobeying all traffic laws/signals/markings). Good thing I sold my car when I moved to NYC.

lol...so true about what you said. U turns on Broad, running red lights...they don't give a damn about traffic regs when the wx is nice out.

At least traffic is finally "moving" on the Vine Street Expressway lol

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/penndot/districts/district6.nsf/TCamera672?openpage

I'm using a proxy, as well, since my ISP isn't updating accordingly. For those that haven't seen the 12Z Euro I pulled this from another site:

f96.gif

Certainly looks impressive. Didn't hear good things concerning the 18Z Nam & GFS models, but I will temper my enthusiasm either way until the show from this afternoon is repeated.

At any rate, the present system ended up much further north than progged. We ended up with pretty decent snow back here. I expected nothing.

Archived