Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV/Big Jim: OBS 12/15 - 12/25

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fresh coating of lake effect snow in the wyoming valley--radar not picking it up...

That's been a common theme with every flurry/shower/squall we've got here the last 2 weeks. Also, another common theme is that any snow I've seen in this area has been nocturnal. Like yesterday, and twice last week, today I wake up to light snow falling. It usually stops around 7:00AM or so, and then I just see partly to mostly sunny skies and no snow the rest of the daylight hours.

I now have an off day from work due to the snow. While we only have a dusting here in Tamaqua, six miles west of town in Brockton, where I get the coal, there is about an inch and a half and my boss is plowing the roads. He sent me home because the mine personnel probably won't get to our haul road until later today, and by then it's not worth it to run, not to mention that the hills going back to our loading area are about 12% in some spots. An empty tri-axle is just too back end light to get up them until they are cleared.

Driving to work this am the Lansdale area got a nice coating overnight causing roads to be salted.

Looks nice but need more!

Yep ... picked up a dusting overnight.

I had to go out and sweep the walkway this morning. I'm having a window installed today and the last thing I need is for the installer to slip and break it. arrowheadsmiley.png

Impressive narrow band of snow. Looks like it is tied into the streamer coming off of Lakes Huron and Erie. We are issuing SPS's to cover the squall. Traffic cams under the band looking interesting. Any snowfall reports from this band would be greatly appreciated.

Never saw anything like this. .7" of snow at ABE that fell from about 7:30 till 8:15. Airport road has at least two accidents and completely snow covered. Yards are snow covered and side streets are also snow covered. 22 east is completely backed up and snow covered. About 3 miles south of ABE airport, where I work, absolutely no signs of any snow and sunny.

Crazy stuff up there in Allentown. I can relay a report of approx 1" and still lightly snowing at 8th and Tilghman in Allentown. In looking at the traffic cams on 22 the snow only impacted an area from east of 309 to about 512.

With Airport Rd being the bullseye. Going west to Fullerton Ave or east to Schoenersville Rd shows much less snow.

Archived