northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
June 2012 Severe Weather/Convection Discussion

earthlight

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets see if PSV88 is proved right and swct weather is boring, the bottom of that line moving through orange county has some hail with it, does it survive to the coast?

Nope. I missed severe storms by a mile to north and a mile to south today. Unreal how close I got. The rolling thunder was mad annoying.

Those storms will split arouns you and intensify east of norwak...

Dude what? Who are you mitt Romney? Chill w the flip flopping

I'm going by what I see on the radar.

Earlier, it looked like the line was weakening, but now it is starting to look like it it getting stronger.

What am I supposed to do? Pull a JB and keep saying it will do one thing even though the current trends have the chances of it occurring are down to near 0 per cent?

Or should I change as the conditions/trends change?

BTW. it is moving into a less stable environment, so it could still weaken.

That line just came through here in Bergan County, NJ. I'm right on the NY/NJ border. No warning needed, it was just an average at best thunderstorm with about a 45 second very heavy downpour and about 5 or 6 lightning strikes over about 15 minutes, didn't even get dark here and it hit me dead on. I wouldn't get too excited sitting downstream of the southern portion of the line.

Now I have clear skies and full sunshine, less than 5 minutes later.

That line just came through here in Bergan County, NJ. I'm right on the NY/NJ border. No warning needed, it was just an average at best thunderstorm with about a 45 second very heavy downpour and about 5 or 6 lightning strikes over about 15 minutes, didn't even get dark here and it hit me dead on. I wouldn't get too excited sitting downstream of the southern portion of the line.

Now I have clear skies and full sunshine, less than 5 minutes later.

Line strengthening as it enters the city.

Archived