Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2012 Severe Weather/Convection Discussion

earthlight

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Option #2 would be to read the label with date and valid time under the image

Well duhhh lol. Im on my iphone 3 and it didnt load the image all the way you know the part on the bottom that had that info i needed so i wouldnt of had to ask that stupid question haha. When do you think our next real threat for severe weather would be? Monday would be scattered at best i think, what about the wednesday/thursday time period?

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/goes/blog/

Clear sky single-field-of-view (SFOV) GOES-13 sounder temperature and moisture profiles within this axis of extreme instability (below) showed an LI value of -16.8º C at Point A in far eastern Illinois at 16 UTC.

just unbelievable instability yesterday on the edge of that ridge. Still can't get over that IAD sounding, I mean, its something you would pull out of twister.

just unbelievable instability yesterday on the edge of that ridge. Still can't get over that IAD sounding, I mean, its something you would pull out of twister.

I can remember en evening here I think during July 2006 when the soundings here had a LI down close to -8 to -10

and how impressive it was for us at 0z. There was not much shear but the gust front ran out ahead of the storms and

caused a lot of blowing dust and sand around here.

Those soundings over the MW to the MA must have been very close to a climo max as those numbers were

totally insane.

Here is the initial Day 1 Outlook from yesterday overlayed with the severe weather reports. It is important to note that any area east of West Virginia was not included in 5% wind or hail probabilities either. Later outlooks extended the slight risk east, but still nowhere near as close as necessary to cover what would eventually be a tremendous coverage of wind damage. The 20z outlook upgraded to Moderate Risk.

day1otlk_v_20120629_1200.gif

And many of those areas that got hit are much cooler today ...anywhere from 4-18 degrees cooler.

The EML on the IAD sounding was very impressive.

Check out on the Euro, how the height field adjusts northward next week and places our area in the ring of fire for potential MCS activity. On the fringes of very impressive shear parameters, I would keep a close eye on the models for next week in this area and the potential for organized severe weather.

The EML on the IAD sounding was very impressive.

Check out on the Euro, how the height field adjusts northward next week and places our area in the ring of fire for potential MCS activity. On the fringes of very impressive shear parameters, I would keep a close eye on the models for next week in this area and the potential for organized severe weather.

Agree strongly, could be several rounds, even two in one day. Hopefully nothing as crazy as they saw in the south.

I can remember en evening here I think during July 2006 when the soundings here had a LI down close to -8 to -10

and how impressive it was for us at 0z. There was not much shear but the gust front ran out ahead of the storms and

caused a lot of blowing dust and sand around here.

Those soundings over the MW to the MA must have been very close to a climo max as those numbers were

totally insane.

met prof I had once told me that seeing -2 to -3 in the east was like seeing minus -7 in the midwest, so i guess seeing -13 at IAD is what, -20? lol. Just jaw dropping.

Damn earthlight. After seeing what happened yesterday's derecho in the mid-atlantic we'll def be experiencing big time severe outbreak. Def something to watch as we head into monday And tuesday to pinpoint the exact location of MCS. Dont know if it will be as severe as what was experienced down south though yesterday cause that was insane

That cell that eventually made it into Atlantic County was horrible. It began around 12:30 AM and got really bad around 1:15-2:30. I have never seen so much lightning in my life. I would estimate it at maybe 3-4 flashes per second, continuous. The rain was coming down so heavy at times that I thought for sure it was hailing, but never officially saw any. The one saving grace, at least for me was that the thunder itself wasn't all that impressive. I would say that most of the lightning was cloud to cloud, and while there were a few close strikes, we only had maybe 2 or 3 fairly loud bangs. We lost power around 2:15 and we decided to pack up and head home because of it. They aren't expecting the power company to fix things for 6-10 days. Driving around the rest of Pomona it looked like a war zone. By far top 3 worst storms I have ever seen in my life, and riding it out at night in an RV surrounded by trees made it worse.

That cell that eventually made it into Atlantic County was horrible. It began around 12:30 AM and got really bad around 1:15-2:30. I have never seen so much lightning in my life. I would estimate it at maybe 3-4 flashes per second, continuous. The rain was coming down so heavy at times that I thought for sure it was hailing, but never officially saw any. The one saving grace, at least for me was that the thunder itself wasn't all that impressive. I would say that most of the lightning was cloud to cloud, and while there were a few close strikes, we only had maybe 2 or 3 fairly loud bangs. We lost power around 2:15 and we decided to pack up and head home because of it. They aren't expecting the power company to fix things for 6-10 days. Driving around the rest of Pomona it looked like a war zone. By far top 3 worst storms I have ever seen in my life, and riding it out at night in an RV surrounded by trees made it worse.

damn that must've been scary to say the least man

I was on the 21st floor of the revel in AC at about 1am.. I never saw so much lightning and wind... We saw most of the city go into the dark... Had to have seen 5-10 transformers blow up... Trees etc were down this am in AC.. And half the county still has no power..

I was on the 21st floor of the revel in AC at about 1am.. I never saw so much lightning and wind... We saw most of the city go into the dark... Had to have seen 5-10 transformers blow up... Trees etc were down this am in AC.. And half the county still has no power..

i wanna go to the revel next month in atlantic city. how is it and how are the prices? that view from up there must've been breathtaking with the storm in so jealous

i wanna go to the revel next month in atlantic city. how is it and how are the prices? that view from up there must've been breathtaking with the storm in so jealous

299 a night it's sick, so beautiful. I was there a few weeks ago checking it out spent a half day there, my parents are there now I told them any storm I want video from room window!!!

Archived