• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Conference II- less than 2wks!

#NoPoles

i can't believe the Conference is only 7wks away!!!! I have missed you all so much!!! please, if there are people still on the fence about going, please please please come to the Conference and meet new friends and catch up with old friends and have a great time nerding out and eating and drinking and chatting...it really is worth it!!! :)

i can't believe the Conference is only 7wks away!!!! I have missed you all so much!!! please, if there are people still on the fence about going, please please please come to the Conference and meet new friends and catch up with old friends and have a great time nerding out and eating and drinking and chatting...it really is worth it!!! :)

what she said, it is a fun and great time and make some new friends

Looking forward to seeing you all in 7 weeks! Trying to get a few of my local weather friends to come and join in on the fun. Any word on any other speakers besides Paul and Jack? (Saturday session that is). I hope it isn't too hot like last year. We are having a hot start to summer this Memorial Day weekend, with really muggy conditions, dew points on Saturday at my place were well over 70 unfortunately. Air conditioning working well thank goodness. Kevin the Walrus signing off, hope to post more here later, and see more posts from all of you out there!

Wow! That soon?!?! :D Can't wait!!

Can't WAIT to see you, either!! ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all in 7 weeks! Trying to get a few of my local weather friends to come and join in on the fun. Any word on any other speakers besides Paul and Jack? (Saturday session that is). I hope it isn't too hot like last year. We are having a hot start to summer this Memorial Day weekend, with really muggy conditions, dew points on Saturday at my place were well over 70 unfortunately. Air conditioning working well thank goodness. Kevin the Walrus signing off, hope to post more here later, and see more posts from all of you out there!

Hi Kevin! I'm heading down Thursday afternoon and staying through Sunday. Will you be at the exhibits Friday night? I may try to run my PP show on the 6/1/11 tornado survey. I showed a lot of it last year, but got more GREAT photos!! Hope you're not getting hit too hard from the squall line going through you tonight!

--Turtle

Eleanor,

At this point I am not planning on being there on Friday night. I am not staying overnight at the hotel. If I was to change my mind and come to the meeting on Friday night, then I would stay over Friday night. But I am not set up that way at this point. One full day is enough for me, but I must admit that staying over Friday night and then not having to worry about drinking and driving home then is something for me to consider. I see with the timing this year you won't be able to attend the WEATHERFUN activities this year, since it is falling at the same time. Also on the same weekend, Roger Brickner is opening up his American Weather Museum for the North Jersey Weather Observers (NJWO) to get together there that weekend. I am a member of the NJWO and learned of this from the latest newsletter called "Weathershelter".

Looking forward to the meeting on Saturday - hope to see more speakers added to the agenda real soon.

Thanks, good to hear from you,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Holy Crap, it's only 5 wks away!!! I Will be in B-More by 2pm on Thurs 5wks from now!!! Very much looking forward to seeing so many people...we have so many friends in this community spread out over a great distance, Conference is really the only way to get to see our far-away friends...I still think once a year is not nearly enough! 365 days is way too long to have to wait to only get to spend 3 days with friends...but it's all I've got so I'll take it and make the best of it...and then start missing everyone for another 365 days!

Holy Crap, it's only 5 wks away!!! I Will be in B-More by 2pm on Thurs 5wks from now!!! Very much looking forward to seeing so many people...we have so many friends in this community spread out over a great distance, Conference is really the only way to get to see our far-away friends...I still think once a year is not nearly enough! 365 days is way too long to have to wait to only get to spend 3 days with friends...but it's all I've got so I'll take it and make the best of it...and then start missing everyone for another 365 days!

you should move down here Diane :)

you should move down here Diane :)

had

AvDave, you handsome devil you!!! i am still holding out hope that somehow you will magically appear at the Conference! just wanted to let you know you are a wonderful person...and I'm so glad to have met you and that we are friends...it would not have been possible had Eastern/AMWX not existed, nor if Randy and Staff didn't bust their butts to make this all happen!

I am so greatful and I am very much looking forward to Conference II!

I was lucky enough to kiss you goodbye last year...do I get to kiss you hello....?

I have changed plans and will be coming to the festivities early Friday evening. My friend Marty Brumback registered for the conference this past week and will be staying at the Marriott from Thur through Saturday - and I will bunk in with him Fri-Sat. I look forward to seeing all my friends there on both Friday evening and all day Saturday. What does everyone do for dinner Friday night? When should I be there by? I have to unload stuff into Marty's room too. Are you doing your power point on Friday night Turtle? I thought I saw you on the late morning Friday agenda.... Cheers! It won't be long now- about a month from now, right?

I'm starting to hyperventilate as my talk is less than half finished. Everyone has seen most of my stuff so I'm sort of glad this is the last one for awhile though I'll miss the peeps.

Best get it done! I'll be there for your talk this year :)

I know but I have to manufacture material as everyone has seen all my other talk material. I've been working quite a bit on it. I'm afraid it is going to be the worst one I've given.

Wes, you could probably get a couple hours out of just your war stories...like the time you were in China, and the floodwaters almost made it to the windows of your cab...

Looking forward to seeing you, my friend...and ALL my friends!

Wes, you could probably get a couple hours out of just your war stories...like the time you were in China, and the floodwaters almost made it to the windows of your cab...

Looking forward to seeing you, my friend...and ALL my friends!

Me too! I've now got about 2/3 of the talk done and with the temp tomorrow being another scorcher I should almost finish the slides. Then I'll have to reorganize them and pretty them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Me too! I've now got about 2/3 of the talk done and with the temp tomorrow being another scorcher I should almost finish the slides. Then I'll have to reorganize them and pretty them up.

well, Wed-Fri marks the 2wk point!

looking forward to your talk, Wes...is it about all the snow we got ;)

Also, I can't wait for Turtle's talk on Fri morning...packed full of new goodies!

• 2 weeks later...

tomorrow is my final day of work, i'm excited to see you all...the year went by fast, hope it has been kind to you all!

Dave, Andy, Mark, Mappy...see you :weenie: 's soon! as well as the rest of the Mid-Atlantic folks :)

You betcha! You can make fun of me ;)

I probably woulda bailed, bit I promised this year I'd go. No lightning presentation though, other priorites have my time. I also may be spending more after hours in the hotel room getting work done than hoped.

I will have Hurricane DVDs ($5 per set) and probably be one of the last times I offer them up for sale.

BTW, what is this talk about it being the last. Maybe a year or two break for a reinvention, joining of forces or so other way to put it on, but I doubt the last.

Archived