Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
18z Model Thread 12/14/10

yoda

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Track is near perfect for a DC-BOS hit the only reason why its not massive from DC-BOS is because the storm is light on QPF according to the 18z.

That's probably because the southern stream is pretty weak initially, it's not like last year when we had the giant plumes of moisture coming across the gulf ahead of the systems. The consistency of the gfs makes me think I should raise the odds to around 40% or so. Hopefully, tonight, the models will show a little better.

Im not sure we should be concerned with QPF at this point.. track isn't even for sure yet.

You have to admit that if you're inland your chances diminish significantly. People are arguing about the coast even getting snow. If you're 120 miles NW of the coast then big things need to change.

I hate waiting for the h85 low to drag the 0c line south--- there is cold air at the surface its a tad warm aloft (South of CHO in VA)

IF pattern goes as depicted, hopefully the models are overdoing the warmth @ 850; may be more mixing from the cold from the lower levels from snow pack., (may mean more sleet but who knows) It seems the models don't always "factor in" the affects of snow cover in the mountains in particular.

While it is nice that the GFS still shows the storm, it is a bit disconcerting that it shifted east slightly. With barely any support from other models, its not a stretch to call the GFS an outlier. But as they say, its 5 days away anything can happen and I hope it does.

Edit: By no support I mean a I-95 hit, obviously most of the models have the storm.

While it is nice that the GFS still shows the storm, it is a bit disconcerting that it shifted east slightly. With barely any support from other models, its not a stretch to call the GFS an outlier. But as they say, its 5 days away anything can happen and I hope it does.

I disagree somewhat, obviously all models are pretty much in support of a storm, its just the track, and the trend in my opinion with these models is for storms to trend northwest a couple days before the storm, I really dont care that the GFS shifted slightly east with an 18z run that is known to have a little Southeast bias...Point is this is our best shot so far at a storm, lets enjoy tracking it and not get caught up into too much model hype and arguing until say thursday 00Z

Guest someguy

18Z NOGAPS gets so deep near the Benchmark that I can't tell how deep it is. Looks like about 959mb.

you are new here..

posting a MAP that has a BIG low doesnt really work

its HOW the Model gest the BIG low to that position that matters

Archived