• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SE Snow Chase Network

burgertime

Would you be willing to let someone from the board stay with you for a snow chase?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to let someone from the board stay with you for a snow chase?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on who it is

I was thinking it would be fun (or dangerous) to maybe get something started for people looking to chase who may not be able to afford a hotel, or for those who maybe willing to shelter someone coming for a chase. Obviously this usually only happens in the mountains but who would be willing to open their doors to someone on the board (answer in the poll) if they were to go on a chase. I would be if the sweet spot is going to be CLT.

If a lot of people are open to this, I think when storms come up we should pin a topic for those looking to chase, they can be PM'd by folks willing to board them for the chase. So what do you guys think?

If anyone wants to chase 34 degrees and rain......I'm your guy!!!!!

I'll be honest , theres been times this Summer I considered chasing rain. And it wasn't thunderstorms either, just rain, some showers. As for accommodations here, sorry just one bedroom. My house is tiny, LOL. But anyone could pitch a tent in the backyard, or park an RV/camper, there's even an outhouse in perfect order still there (tool shed now). I don't see snowchasers getting stuck in my town though. But I use to chase to Boone and the northern mountains a lot up until a few years ago.

I'll be honest , theres been times this Summer I considered chasing rain. And it wasn't thunderstorms either, just rain, some showers. As for accommodations here, sorry just one bedroom. My house is tiny, LOL. But anyone could pitch a tent in the backyard, or park an RV/camper, there's even an outhouse in perfect order still there (tool shed now). I don't see snowchasers getting stuck in my town though. But I use to chase to Boone and the northern mountains a lot up until a few years ago.

A couple of years ago, I dragged my wife in the car to spend a snowy night in Nashville. After taking at least an hour and a half to get through rush hour in Atlanta, we finally made it.....spent the night at a Lowes hotel too....she still thinks it was insane for how long the drive was, but I know she felt safer than when I made her come with me during the severe outbreak in March 2008. I think that was her last straw when we had to take cover in the back of a Chick filA near gainesville.

I've chased a few storms. Mostly just around the Union, Spartanburg ,Gaffney area. Missed a real bad storm in 1993 I got scared and went back home. Chasing is about the only way to see a good storm these days.

Great idea for a thread. Let's see if SnoJoe shows his face :whistle: He'd have a full house for sure!

Obviously Atlanta isn't likely to be ground zero for a chase though.

I'm south of Atlanta!! No chasing here!:lmao: LOL!! Except when occassionally we get lucky like the March 09 storm.:mapsnow:

I was so desperate a few winters ago, I chased a snow shower that was 5 miles up the road...got in the car in pjs and drove to where the radar echos were....25 min later back home again....hubby thought I was a fruit loop!:P

Archived