Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 14-17 Midwest Hailers

Indystorm

Radar estimates 3-6" of rain across Ann Arbor

I don't think one tornado per storm constitutes a tornado outbreak...

Nonetheless, its still impressive

Wiki..

A tornado outbreak is the occurrence of multiple tornadoes spawned by the same synoptic scale weather system.[1] Beyond this, there is no single agreed upon definition, and the number of tornadoes required to qualify as an outbreak typically are at least six to ten.

you are correct.

Like stated though..still impressive for March 12th and 15th.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN

704 PM EDT THU MAR 15 2012

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0425 PM LIGHTNING SEYMOUR 38.96N 85.89W

03/15/2012 JACKSON IN BROADCAST MEDIA

*** 4 INJ *** FOUR GIRLS SOFTBALL PLAYERS WERE INJURED

DURING PRACTICE.

Always the danger with t storms.

Unfortunately for us it was mostly an Oakland county screw job today. I normally would chase but couldn't do it today. Oh well hopefully this is just the beginning! Sure is nice to see lightning. :)

It is only March 15. We're nowhere near the heart of severe weather season.

I would be somewhat pissed about this event had it not been for that lone severe t'storm that (out of nowhere and by suprise) popped up overhead around 10:30am-11am, and it had som hail mixed in.

But again, no biggie. That fact that we're getting June-like weather in the Middle of March is impressive in itself.

I have to say that today exceeded my expectations when I thought the focus would be more along the Ohio Valley and SE per SPC outlook. SE Michigan storms today show what a convergence boundary can do even if shear is not all that great.

Yep convergent boundary plus unseasonable instability more than compensated for the weak shear. Something to watch as we go forth through this warm stretch

It's March 15th :huh: Nobody can complain about a miss in severe weather when...

A. We've got a solid 4 months to go in the severe season

B. It's early March and we're already consistently hugging 80! I can't imagine complaining when weather is this nice, especially considering the last 5 springs have been awful

Yeah anyone calling today a miss or being in a screw zone just needs to realize how foolish it is to say that. By all means I am sure those in Dexter would gladly trade places

After having four major basement floods last spring, then seeing the destruction last year in Joplin and Tuscaloosa, and then the destruction in Indiana already this year, I can't say I'd be pissed at having severe weather miss our area anymore. Our home is a 2 story bilevel with a basement/lower level less than three foot below grade. The closest thing to a safe place is the small area under the foyer/stairs. It would probably protect us if the large pines in the front yard were to fall on the house, but we'd probably be sucked up right along with the rest of the house if we experienced a direct path through a vortice. As goofy as the weather has been, I'm seriously considering digging a storm bunker like those in tornado alley.

All this insane weather has made me a bit paranoid of Mother Nature, and I'm never going to think "it can't happen here" again. The killer tornado of June 8, 1953 touched down about six miles northeast of here... it can happen again.

After having four major basement floods last spring, then seeing the destruction last year in Joplin and Tuscaloosa, and then the destruction in Indiana already this year, I can't say I'd be pissed at having severe weather miss our area anymore. Our home is a 2 story bilevel with a basement/lower level less than three foot below grade. The closest thing to a safe place is the small area under the foyer/stairs. It would probably protect us if the large pines in the front yard were to fall on the house, but we'd probably be sucked up right along with the rest of the house if we experienced a direct path through a vortice. As goofy as the weather has been, I'm seriously considering digging a storm bunker like those in tornado alley.

All this insane weather has made me a bit paranoid of Mother Nature, and I'm never going to think "it can't happen here" again.

One of the most deadly Tornadoes in US history occured right down the road from you. So yea..It CAN happen here or there.

Yeah anyone calling today a miss or being in a screw zone just needs to realize how foolish it is to say that. By all means I am sure those in Dexter would gladly trade places

Sorry do you have a better term for it when you are missed. People on this sight commonly refer to it as a screw zone. I was missed. Now to call today a bust would be complete foolishness. Today was awesome for storms but MBY was a screw zone today. Why is that so hard for some to accept that?

Sorry do you have a better term for it when you are missed. People on this sight commonly refer to it as a screw zone. I was missed. Now to call today a bust would be complete foolishness. Today was awesome for storms but MBY was a screw zone today. Why is that so hard for some to accept that?

Maybe because almost everyone experienced some storm in the entire metro area. Maybe one or 2 locales didn't have as many storms but beyond that most everyone had stuff.

Why does it bother you so much when I say I got missed? I never said any but what happened IMBY. Sorry truth bothers you so much. If you can't stand my posts then don't read them please.

It's not the fact that you are just complaining you got missed, if you want to do it once, it's still annoying, but so be it. It's at least the 3rd or 4th time in a few hours that you've said it, the EXACT same thing, how your county is a screw zone. It gets old, adds nothing to the discussion, and just mucks up the threads. It's almost to the point where the only thing you add, is complaining.

Had a small cell pop up and max out just about overhead southeast of Cleveland...started spitting out CG lightning before the base reflectivity picked it up and ended up producing a few minutes of pea sized hail...it is already dying about 10 miles to my east. I'll take it!

It's not the fact that you are just complaining you got missed, if you want to do it once, it's still annoying, but so be it. It's at least the 3rd or 4th time in a few hours that you've said it, the EXACT same thing, how your county is a screw zone. It gets old, adds nothing to the discussion, and just mucks up the threads. It's almost to the point where the only thing you add, is complaining.

Every event it happens even this morning there were complaints. Ofc that is whitelakeroy's MO and has been for years...

Why does it bother you so much when I say I got missed? I never said any but what happened IMBY. Sorry truth bothers you so much. If you can't stand my posts then don't read them please.

Or you could just stop posting nonsense...problem solved for everybody.

Maybe because almost every experienced some storm in the entire metro area. Maybe one or 2 locales didn't have as many storms but beyond that most everyone had stuff.

I still don't understand your comment. As with every event there are some that get missed. Especially when dealing with t-storms. I know this all so very well. Today was my bad luck day. Oh well. Such is life. Normally I can chase but couldn't tonight. My point is why do you have to post a rude comment to someone who is bummed to be missed?

I still don't understand your comment. As with every event there are some that get missed. Especially when dealing with t-storms. I know this all so very well. Today was my bad luck day. Oh well. Such is life. Normally I can chase but couldn't tonight. My point is why do you have to post a rude comment to someone who is bummed to be missed?

Cuz it seems insensitive when areas very near your location got hit with tornadoes which destroyed homes.

(Sorry to be posting out of turn, but I also noticed your posting)

Archived