amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Potential snow event on the 9th?

Snow_Miser

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sitting 800 ft above the ground by Grand Central and the sun is definitely out. Want me to take a picture?

Having a break in the clouds isnt an indication of anything except.....a break in the clouds. Im completely overcast here, should I expect snow?

Having a break in the clouds isnt an indication of anything except.....a break in the clouds. Im completely overcast here, should I expect snow?

Agree with BxEngine.. HRRR showed a tongue of dryer air at 850 - 500 mb level just after 12Z moving through.. moisture really starts getting in good at about 20Z and goes into the rest of the day into tonight. I expect the clouds to once again push back in and dominate later this afternoon.

I realize that, come on dude. But in all seriousness, this isn't happening.

The "its not happening" part isnt my beef....weenies (especially Anthony) get ripped apart here constantly for radar hallucinations....meanwhile those who go too far the other direction are seen as "realists". I mean, posting the Philly radar to show how the precip is only moving due east and is all virga directly to our west.....saying the sun is out temporarily as some sort of proof that the storm wont happen......I get it, this winter sucks. But being a "weenie fighter" sometimes is just as bad as being a weenie (not meaning you, just speaking in general now).

Having the lowest expectations possible is, I believe, the best strategy going forward.

well, after the way this winter has been, I could understand someone taking that position.... but the fact that the sun has re-emerged in some areas after more cloudiness early this morning will not ultimately dictate the outcome of what happens later today and tonight...

well, after the way this winter has been, I could understand someone taking that position.... but the fact that the sun has re-emerged in some areas after more cloudiness early this morning will not ultimately dictated

the outcome of what happens later today and tonight...

Not worth explaining anything to him....he is as useless as a screen door on a submarine

Archived