amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even the euro overall was decent-check out the NE thread-there's a map of the 2/10 run and today's run..IDENTICAL. Amazing.

Euro was excellent but it had at least 2-3 runs where it bought the low up the coast.

The Nogaps and GGEM not one time had any precip near us. Nailed the event.

I don't see the reason for it...who cares...spring and summer are awesome.

I love summer too.... more than winter. The only time I love winter more than summer is during an actual snowstorm. If there isn't a mega snow storm, it might as well just be summer.

I also don't mind if we get 2 feet of snow and it all melts after one day. I just like watching snow fall, but I find it a major pain having to deal with it once it has fallen.

I love summer too.... more than winter. The only time I love winter more than summer is during an actual snowstorm. If there isn't a mega snow storm, it might as well just be summer.

I also don't mind if we get 2 feet of snow and it all melts after one day. I just like watching snow fall, but I find it a major pain having to deal with it once it has fallen.

This is pretty much my perspective too. Once snow falls it just becomes a pain in the a** in the city. Although it is nice to look at while running/walking through the park.

It's kind of ironic how all the weenies here say this is one of if not the worst winter ever because of the complete lack of snow and warm weather but for the general public, this would be regarded as one of the best winters ever for those exact same reasons lol.

Yeah me and my parents spoke about it, my parents are gonna have construction done they are happy there won't be snow cover till march this year

I don't see the reason for it...who cares...spring and summer are awesome.

Let's be honest here John - other than the occasional T-storms (which are awesome) spring and summer are generally pretty damn boring as far as interesting weather events. Winter can give you anything from blizzards, icestorms, sleetstorms, raging nor'easters ala Dec 92, big wind events, thundersnow, and extreme temp drops. Spring/summer -- backdoor cold fronts, sea breezes, heat waves, and T-storms. The first two aren't interesting, so that leaves only two weather events that are fascinating; I guess you can throw flooding in there, but that can happen in winter too.

Did some quick analysis of number of hours we've spent at 32 or below since Dec 1, and came up with 357.75 hrs.

Between Dec 1 and midnight tonight exactly 1896 hours will have elapsed.

So.. assuming we don't hit 32 before midnight (highly unlikely), so far in the DJF meteorological winter we have spent only 18.9% of the winter at 32 or below.

Did some quick analysis of number of hours we've spent at 32 or below since Dec 1, and came up with 357.75 hrs.

Between Dec 1 and midnight tonight exactly 1896 hours will have elapsed.

So.. assuming we don't hit 32 before midnight (highly unlikely), so far in the DJF meteorological winter we have spent only 18.9% of the winter at 32 or below.

lol.. interesting stat... we should do one for the percentage of time snow was falling from the sky this winter... If I had to take a guestimate, it would be about .000001%

Archived